1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Local Sunday morning radio broadcast

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Nicholas25, May 8, 2006.

1. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

Our local Sunday morning radio broadcast is about to get a new format. The man who did host and preach on the broadcast feels the Lord wants him to move in a different direction. My past has asked me to do a 15 minute Sunday school lesson every week and a preacher from our church will conclude the 30 minute broadcast with a 15 minute message. Our pastor feels this will be good for the community and our church because no church in our community has a Sunday school lesson on the radio. I am looking forward to this because I realize it's a powerful ministry that can reach a lot of people. I have only taught on the radio one time but I did and will have the approach that I am teaching the entire community, not just my church. I am going to try and be real professoinal and well spoken. I hate when you listen to a local broadcast and the host is talking like he is in his own church, forgetting that many people who don't attend his church are listening. Anyway, I know I have kind of rambled, but do your churches have local radio ministries and how do you run your programs? I am going to treat it like I am David Jerimiah talking to millions of people on millions of stations, even though I am just going to be talking to hundreds on one staton.

2. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

To me, Jeremiah sounds like he's talking to his own friends in a small room.

3. billreber

billreber New Member

I will be praying for this ministry and for you. May God bless it!

Bill