1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Logic & Reason in the Face of Incomplete Knowledge

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JD731, Aug 10, 2021.

1. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ironically were we agree is were the point is were we seem to disagree. Do you see that? Galatians 3:28-29, ". . . There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. . . ." Genesis 13:15.

You believe my understanding on this is wrong when it comes to a difference between the Israel of God and God's church which includes Israel. Revelation 21:12 and Revelation 21:14.

What are you able to explain on this?

2. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have two perspectives recorded in the scriptures. God writes his bible from his divine perspective and men attempt to understand it from a human perspective. This is why we have so many different views. For instance, less that four months before Peter preached the first Christian sermon on Pentecost, calling all Israel to be saved by receiving the Holy Ghost, who had been poured out from heaven by God, by believing on the resurrected Jesus Christ, he said these words and was involved in these conversations that are recorded before the cross but on the journey to it.

The divine perspective:
    21 From that time forth began (most men reading this text will not see that word in the text) Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

The human perspective:
    22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

This is a good spot for some logic and reasoning. Peter had a completely different perspective on the person and ministry of Jesus Christ in Acts 2 than he did in Matthew 16. WHY IS THAT?

On the same journey, this conversation took place between Peter, James, and John, who had preached the gospel of the kingdom like Jesus had preached and had instructed them to preach for 3.5 years.

Logic and reason should come into play when I quote these conversations from all 4 gospel accounts.

Mk 9:9 And as they came down from the mountain, he charged them that they should tell no man what things they had seen, till the Son of man were risen from the dead.
    10 And they kept that saying with themselves, questioning one with another what the rising from the dead should mean.

Mk 9:31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.
    32 But they understood not that saying, and were afraid to ask him.

Lk 18:31 Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished.
    32 For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on:
    33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
    34 And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

Jn 20:6 Then cometh Simon Peter following him, and went into the sepulchre, and seeth the linen clothes lie,
    7 And the napkin, that was about his head, not lying with the linen clothes, but wrapped together in a place by itself.
    8 Then went in also that other disciple, which came first to the sepulchre, and he saw, and believed.
    9 For as yet they knew not the scripture, that he must rise again from the dead.
    10 Then the disciples went away again unto their own home.

One should read these in context.

Logic and reason.

The gospel of the kingdom that was preached by Jesus and his disciples during the 3.5 years before the cross was not the same good news, glad tidings, that says that Jesus died and was buried and rose again and will give life to all who believe, else the above words would not have been inspired by God because they would not have been true. What those of Israel were required by God to believe from the beginning when Jesus began his ministry at his baptism, according to Mark 1:1 was that Jesus, whom they were looking at, was the Christ, the Son of God.

Jn 6:36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not. 37 All (of the seers and believers) that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jn 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

First Corinthians 2 and other passages says the truth of God's words must be taught by the Spirit. This certainly was true of those disciples who were with the physical Jesus.

Jn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
    24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
    25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
    26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Logic.

He did and their whole perspective and evaluation of the ministry of Christ matured and now their words instructs us and the Holy Ghost teaches us truth through them.

There is nothing more important than the words the Father has given. We must learn to think like God thinks and in his words. The Spirit will teach us those words.

1 Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
    10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
    11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
    12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
    13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but (in the words) which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Jesus told Nicodemus that one cannot perceive the kingdom until he is born again (has the indwelling Spirit). The fact of the words and conversations of his own apostles and disciples that I have mined from the history in the gospels proves this is true.

#42 JD731, Aug 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
  3. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The one body. Ephesians 2:12-22. Which includes "both." Verse 18. Both.

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I missed your point.
    Well, a historical disagreement. Luke 3:1, being understood by me to be in 28AD. The crucifixion being in 30AD.

#44 37818, Aug 12, 2021
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    One long rant. Imprecise.

#45 37818, Aug 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

By the term "imprecise" do you mean illogical and unreasonable?

7. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No preaching occurred in Lk 3:1. The beginning of the preaching ministry of Jesus Christ began in Mk 1:1. The generation of Jesus Christ began in Mt 1:1. There is a difference in terms.

One thing is sure. None of the disciples, man or woman, went to the tomb to watch Jesus Christ rise from the dead. Logic and scriptures says they were not expecting it. They went down to anoint his dead body and found out that he had risen from the dead.

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They didn't believe in the death, burial, and resurrection, and could not have been saved.
    MB

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What ever logic you think you used. There seemed to be too much unrelated stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
    34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.

John 6:63
    It is the spirit that quickeneth;

Salvation is of the trinitarian God.

It does not matter when God justifies. A justified sinner is just as if he had no sin. But, he must be justified by God, the judge of all the earth. However, it is the blood of Jesus that washes his sins away. God justified all believers and imputed their faith in his word to them for righteousness until Christ came and shed his blood on the cross. A sinner can be justified by God before he has his sins washed away, but he cannot have his sins washed away until he is justified. Men must believe what God tells them to be justified.

This is why Calvinism is a false doctrinal system and should be forsaken by Christians..

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not a Calvinist. I'm freewill Baptist. Sins cannot be forgiven with out the shedding of Blood. I do not believe God does that anymore because everything has been turned over to Christ the Son of God. Even Abraham whom God said was justified by faith. Was not sent to heaven but to paradise instead. To wait for Christ to come and preach the gospel to them.
    Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    The verse was written by David. Paradise is in hell separate from torment till the coming of the Lord. Salvation is of Jesus Christ alone He died to save us for the Father He deserves His title as Savior.
    Jesus took the thief on the cross next to Him to paradise. It has a purpose though it isn't heaven it was for those who hadn't heard the gospel yet still believed in God.
    MB

• Like Like x 1
  13. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are making a distinction between Christian Jews and Christian Gentiles and how they are viewed in relation to the phrase “the Israel of God”.

Is that accurate?

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the “one body” makes up the church, correct?

peace to you

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is one little problem we are not one church yet, the proof of that is our differences. True we will all be one church but not until we are made that way. We are divided...
    MB

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unity of theology has nothing to do with this discussion.

The “one new man” refers to Jews and Gentiles being brought together as one new man by the cross of Jesus. That truth demonstrates the grace of Christ “in the ages to come.

That means there is no separate future for Israel and the church and the “age of grace” never ends.

peace to you

17. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at how many claim Jesus. They certainly are not all right as rain are they.?
    MB

18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    That question has nothing to do with the discussion.

peace to you

19. JD731

JD731 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

I started the thread called Logic and reasoning. It does not matter what subject we deal with as long as the argument is logical and reasonable. So, how is my stuff unrelated? Unrelated to what?

Pick a subject and explain how your position and conclusions about it are logical and reasonable in light of partial knowledge that you possess. I think in my next post I will make some logical and reasonable comments concerning "the Israel of God."

20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    [QUOTE="JD731, post: 2723748, member: 16882"I think in my next post I will make some logical and reasonable comments concerning "the Israel of God."[/QUOTE]

I think in your next post you will do what you have done in all your previous posts.

You will take a passage of scripture out of context, read your false theology into it. Ignore all passages of scripture in context that show your position to be false. Claim anyone that disagrees with you doesn’t know how to read and tell them they should examine themselves to see if they are really born again.

I can hardly wait for you to prove me right again.

peace to you