1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Look here, STEALING SHEEP "ONLY GOOD" IF WE DO IT!

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by Jillian, Dec 14, 2007.

1. rbell

rbell Active Member

OK, this getting silly.

*report*

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

So since I do not agree with your bashing of the RCC, you now attack me?

I agree with rbell, this is just getting silly.

Carry on with your bashing, I will just make good use of the report post button.

3. Jillian

Jillian New Member

You seem to love that word bashing, to the point you have made it meaningless.

So its WRONG here ON A BAPTIST board to criticize PRONOUNCEMENTS OF THE VATICAN?

You know I would have thought a SBC pastor would have been on my side. I guess I can see why the fundie\/indpt split had to happen!

4. Jillian

Jillian New Member

What I am being reported for?

Hey, was it for calling you Proto-Romanists?

I guess when I see people get on fire to DEFEND ROME, while anouncing they are Baptists at the same time it does cause some Disconcertion

I think Im figuring out why all the fundies, or very few are left on this board.

How very disappointing.

5. rbell

rbell Active Member

I don't think you're in any position to complain about someone repetitively using the same word or concept. Besides, if the shoe fits...

Nope...but it's also wrong for a poster on a Baptist board to make repetitive, false accusations about another poster.

You know, it's very possible to say the right things....but to say them in such a wrong way that what you say is negated by how you say it.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

You forgot to kiss my ring earlier.

Now...go and say five "Hail, Sunday School Board's" and all will be right.

:saint: :laugh: (I thought it was funny...I wonder if I'll be the only one...I ju......INCOMING!!!!!!!)

7. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Ok go to my original thread here, the first post that started it all, what are you upset about?

You think Im wrong to say the Vatican is being duplicitious here?

Why is it a requirement on a Baptist board to have guarded speech about Rome?

You all would have banned Spurgeon, for writing Geese in Hoods to other Anabaptists that told the truth about Rome!

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

ummmm....I'm not upset.

I'm not about to defend the Vatican on this issue.

It's not. Some of us just think before we type. It's a good habit...I would suggest you try it.

Wow...how did you know I was vice-president of the "Ban Spurgeon and his Hooded Geese" society?

Hooboy.....

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you are not going to engage in meaningful debate then don't post at all. This thread is full of personal attacks (against the BB rules), and insulting language. How will that win anyone to the Lord, and how is that glorifying to the Lord?

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it EXTREMELY INTERESTING that the OP has not been discussed at all (least not as I've seen), but simply condemned from the "git-go"!

Not one of the posters responding in 3 pages has even touched on the topic. The originator was immediately branded "another RCC basher", and it went downhll from there.

Is he/she a "RCC basher"? I don't know, but if it's true, so what. I see all this righteous indignation over this topic, that no one has addressed, but yet so many seem to hate, despise, feel offended over, yet unable to ignore.

Hey, you are supposed to be adults; if this ain't your cup-o-tea, nobody's forcing you to participate. Seems that if the bulk feel as you do, this guy/gal can post all the "RCC bashing" desired & all will die a natural death due to lack of participation.

I do think he/she may have a point about most of the "defense" of the RCC; as the old bard said in one of his plays; "METHINKS HE DOETH PROTEST TOO MUCH!"

C'mon folks, this ain't a board that has you tied down; you can ignore ANY topic that don't float your boat!

And if it don't float anybody's boat, it'll just sit there all alone and die.

11. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

And your post just made one more that did not address the OP....

It is not too much to ask for posters to abide by the Posting Rules.

12. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Because you and your pals dressed me down for Catholic "bashing" simply for disagreeing with Rome's duplicity on this issue.

Considering Spurgeon gets far more direct then I do in Geese with Hoods ANYTHING I have said in this thread, that book directly calls the Papacy antichrist and other things such as a FOX {meant in a bad way} I own a copy.

I agree with Spurgeon, so why am I called a basher here? [and supposely you advertise yourself as NOT disagreeing with Spurgeon?] That makes no sense!

13. Jillian

Jillian New Member

What personal attacks?

Calling someone an Emergent? Asking someone what kind of Southern Baptist are you? {actually I had thought the SBC outside of some Warrenite churches did take a strong stand against Rome}

I asked more then once for someone to deal with the TOPIC, and they refused instead turning the thread topic to ME to play silence the messenger?

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You don't think it makes sense?
    It would make sense if:
    You would write like Spurgeon,
    Debate like Spurgeon,
    Speak like Spurgeon,
    Have the grace of Spurgeon, etc.

15. Jillian

Jillian New Member

THANK YOU

To be honest I would rather people avoid my threads if all they are going to do is to seek to berate me for my choice of subject and cry Catholic-"basher."

Catholicism know uses the term BASHER, HATER, BIGOT just like militant homosexuals used HOMOPHOBE to silence any critics.

This is one prevailing theme I have seen as Rome marches to Revelation 17 with plenty of Protestant participants, silence ALL CRITICS, by attacking their motivations, personality, and character rather then dealing with the TOPIC at hand.

One thing I have noticed is that while the Vatican has referred to other Christians who they call "sects" as "rapacious wolves" and "dangerous" that is not exactly positive language either, why do they get a free pass with the "never cricitize Rome" contingent here?

To be honest I am deeply concerned to see how many friends of Rome, have a deeply entrenched and welcomed precense on this supposely BAPTIST board.

16. Jillian

Jillian New Member

I suspect that if Spurgeon could post on this board, that his dressing down would have been worse then me. I own that book, and in that book, Spurgeon gives pro-Romanist Anglicans a far harsher critique then I even approached on this board.

I notice you seem to be attacking my personality as well, now insulting me by using Spurgeon as well. Someone else who wants to make me the subject of this thread rather then dealing with the topic at hand.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

These are personal attacks (all found in just one post)
    Learn to address the position, not the person. If you attack the person, as you have done here it is a personal attack. That is against the rules and it is rude and improper. It is not debate, it is simply calling people names. In the above quotes what have you accomplished and how have you glorified Christ?

In fact what is the issue that you are discussing? From the above, I can't even tell. Put the topic on the board and then discuss it from a Biblical perspective without attacking the people involved.

18. Jillian

Jillian New Member

Please list the names I called anyone, so I will know what names to avoid calling anyone...

Is Emergent considered an insult on this board?

I am sorry you cannot figure out what issue is being discussed.

Here I will give that to you:

I am discussing the Vaticans Duplicity, say one thing in one place while saying another else where in Latin America.

Oh I thought this Spurgeon quote I posted on another thread would work here too.

"Essence of lies, and quintessence of blasphemy, as the religion of Rome IS... it nevertheless fascinates a certain order of Protestants, of whom we fear it may be truly said that 'they have received a strong delusion to believe a lie, that they may be damned.' Seeing that it is so, it becomes all who would preserve their fellow-immortals from destruction to be plain and earnest in their warnings. Not in a party-spirit, but for truth's sake, our Protestantism must protest perpetually. Dignitaries of the papal confederacy are just now very prominent in benevolent movements, and we may be sure that they have ends to serve other than those which strike the public eye. A priest lives only for his church; he may profess to have other objects, but this is a mere blind. Our ancient enemies have small belief in our common sense if they imagine that we shall ever be able to trust them, after having so often beheld the depths of Jesuitical cunning and duplicity. The sooner we let certain Archbishops and Cardinals know that we are aware of their designs, and will in nothing co-operate with them, the better for us and our country. Of course, we shall be howled at as bigots, but we can afford to smile at that cry, when it comes from the church which invented the Inquisition. 'No peace with Rome' is the motto of reason as well as of religion." [C. H. Spurgeon, January 1873]

Also as mod, can you do me a favor and ask the others to deal with the topic rather then turning ME into the subject?

That would help our discussions here. Thank you.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I gave you an example of one of your posts in which you deliberately attacked rbell. In everyone of those three statements you use the personal pronoun you referring directly to him. Therefore it is personal and it is an attack.
    Now compare that with the quote from Spurgeon. In that lengthy quote, he doesn't mention one name, not one individual is insulted or personally attacked. The entire quote is objective and impersonal. If you could write like Spurgeon wrote no one would attack you.

They have turned you into the subject of the conversation because they are only defending themselves against your bashing. You have not been debating but bashing. You have come into this forum like a terrorist with an AK-47 and have indiscriminately blasted away without taking aim. Anyone that gets in your way you shoot down. You don't think, you shoot. You just blast away--bang, bang, bang.
    That is not debate. And if you are going to go along that pathway expect people to shoot back. Expect to be a target. You need to discuss topics not people.
    You need to engage in meaningful debate, not accusatory and insulting attacks.

20. Jillian

Jillian New Member

using the pronoun YOU, is considered a PERSONAL ATTACK? Since when?

I feel personally attacked as well, in that some of these posters decided to make me the SUBJECT instead of the TOPIC.
    I dont even barely know the people here yet, being a newbie....my original thread was IMPERSONAL, unless I am being censored for direct criticisms of the Pope and Vatican {public figures}
    What bashing is that?

I am being bashed over my choice of subject. Instead of people acting adult, and either ignoring the thread, or disagreeing, saying "Jillian, I think you are wrong the Vatican really does care about Protestants" they decide to go after me instead.

Hmm is that another way of telling me "I deserve it"?

I need to know why criticizing Catholicism and the Vatican is considered so horrible on this supposely BAPTIST board?