1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Looking for someone to Witness

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Genevieve, Mar 29, 2006.

1. Genevieve

Genevieve New Member

Hello everyone, I have come here to request some help in a matter that I've been praying for the past week. I have recently been interacting with a muslim through email because he was interested to having his questions answered about Christianity. I was happy to help in any way I could and even to this point have answered his questions in conjunctions to the word through the power of the Holy Spirit. However in my current life situation I no longer have the neccessary amount of time to answer his questions to the fullest which has been weighing down on my heart because I would like his questions answered in the manner that best expresses the teachings of God.

I am looking for someone who has the amount of time and knowledge about not only Christianity and the word of God but the Islamic faith and the history of the quran to devote in leisurly emailing him about discussions on Christianity. It is of great importance that I find a suitable person for this witness and I thank God for allowing me to find this community to express this request. Please email me at [email protected] if you would be interested in ministering to this person.

God Bless

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Sounds like you've been doing a good job of witnessing already. Are you really sure you want to pass that to someone else, especially someone who, at this point, is a stranger to that person? That may not go over well with that person. He obviously considers you a trusted individual, and is able to confide in you. That kind of thing is not easily replaced by another person, especially on topics of faith.

I encourage you to pray about it, and ask the Lord to give you direction. It may be possible that this is an opportunity for you personally to grow in your walk with the Lord. It's been my personal experience that, when the Lord asks something of me, it's never at a time when I've got the resources to take on something else. It's often when I feel like my plate is full. But, by being faithful to God, I find myself being more equipped than I thought I'd be. It's amazing how God works, isn't it??

3. Genevieve

Genevieve New Member

I have already found someone who has been convicted to help me with this situation. But even if I did not get a response, I have already been praying about this constantly and even now I am in prayer for this situation. Although it is very true that this has also helped me to grow in my spirtual walk with God, it has also shown me that I lack the knowledge and approach needed to be taking all his questions at this point in time.

Although yes I have reached out to my fellow Christians for assistance within this matter, I had no doubt that God would send someone who was well suited for this matter. This was already informed in advance to the person I was interacting with and he is well aware of the situation. He has actually encountered many other Christians and has gone through the same kinds of debates with them. Although he has informed me that I have been able to better answer his questions than others, I also know that a thuroughly explained approach to his questions would be a much greater learning experience for him which is why it weighed in my heart to find someone suitable to this need. It was not only a matter of my growth but the best way for this person to grow and understand the truth of God and I believe God had also given me conviction because of that factor to bring this request to my fellow Christians.

I cannot tell you how much I agree with your statement of the timing in which God gives us challenges and responsabilities, and in the beginning I didn't know what to expect since it was my first encounter from a person within the Islamic faith to ask me questions. But I found myself able to answer him through the power of the Holy Spirit. But I also began to see areas where I knew I could not properly explain to him for him to understand due to my approach of his questions and therefore I know it is necessary for me to study more before handling such a delecate matter.

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Genevieve, how are things going with this? Are you still looking for someone to help you out?