1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lord's Supper in private?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by BroChris, Dec 1, 2003.

1. Michael Wrenn

Michael Wrenn New Member

rlvaughn,

I ain't gonna argue with you, 'cause I like you. [​IMG]

Besides, you're probably right, and also I'm tired of typing. ;) [​IMG]

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A coffee klatch is a 50's term for gals who would meet regularly to discuss (or gossip) about goings on in the neighborhood while their husbands were at work.

Informal, no purpose, just have a donut and coffee and shoot-the-breeze. The concept is returning in our "networking" society, only usually in the evening (after work) for the same informal, directionless chit-chat.

I used that term to differentiate this type of kitchen table fellowship from a real home Bible study that is developing into a local church. Those "church plant" meetings are very different.

3. BroChris

BroChris Member

Now that we all know what a coffee klatch is, I thought I (the starter of the topic) would let ya'll know my (final?) thoughts on the matter. Both sides have very good points, in my opinion, and I can easily see both perspectives. If partaken with reverence, while gathered together for the purpose of glorifying God and encouraging one another in the faith, I see nothing wrong with observing a symbol of Christ's sacrifice with a small group of believers.

I believe that the principle behind Romans 14 applies to this issue. I greatly appreciate all of the input you have given.