1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louisiana Evacuation

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The new govenor seems to be handling this Hurricane much better than the former did. He has seen to it that evacuation is actually happening and he has already invited the Red Cross, and Faith Based Groups to come in as soon as possible vierses holding them off for a week after the last time.

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It looks like all levels of government in Louisiana learned their lessons from Hurricane Katrina.

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Agreed. Nagin actually looks like he's interested this time. A big improvement. A LA governor actually involved. Big improvement. FEMA appears to be proactive. Again, monumental.

I actually saw Mike Brown on MSNBC giving advice on how this should be handled. Next up: The Cincinnati Bengals' team panel on good citizenship

Can I get a rim shot, anyone? :laugh:

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How can Mike Brown comment on how a hurricane should be handled, when he has no control over his own team? Besides the numerous player arrests, Ocho Cinco's circus, Henry's arrest, cut, and then resigning...they just cut their starting tailback and left tackle.

Yeah, I'd turn to him for advice :laugh:

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Toss in Bush and I'll give you the rim shot... Badda BING!

I agree and like what I am seeing this go around. i don't know why McCain and his entourage went to tour an emergency management center as they prepared for an emergency but even he is doing what he feels is best... I like Bush and Obama approach better by staying clear since they know what a distraction their presence brings.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So he went form former Fema Director to NFL coach?