1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louisiana Officials Could Lose the Blame Game

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Sep 7, 2005.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The deeper you dig , the more you discover how culpable Louisiana officials actually are.

Despite the intense media bombardment blaming the federal government and Bush , in particular, I believe thinking people will eventually conclude that all levels of government failed, but none more than the local officials.

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=\Nation\archive\200509\NAT20050907a.html

Louisiana Officials Could Lose the Katrina Blame Game
    By Jeff Johnson
    CNSNews.com Senior Staff Writer
    September 07, 2005

(CNSNews.com) - The Bush administration is being widely criticized for the emergency response to Hurricane Katrina and the allegedly inadequate protection for "the big one" that residents had long feared would hit New Orleans. But research into more than ten years of reporting on hurricane and flood damage mitigation efforts in and around New Orleans indicates that local and state officials did not use federal money that was available for levee improvements or coastal reinforcement and often did not secure local matching funds that would have generated even more federal funding.

In December of 1995, the Orleans Levee Board, the local government entity that oversees the levees and floodgates designed to protect New Orleans and the surrounding areas from rising waters, bragged in a supplement to the Times-Picayune newspaper about federal money received to protect the region from hurricanes.

"In the past four years, the Orleans Levee Board has built up its arsenal. The additional defenses are so critical that Levee Commissioners marched into Congress and brought back almost $60 million to help pay for protection," the pamphlet declared. "The most ambitious flood-fighting plan in generations was drafted. An unprecedented $140 million building campaign launched 41 projects."

The levee board promised Times-Picayune readers that the "few manageable gaps" in the walls protecting the city from Mother Nature's waters "will be sealed within four years (1999) completing our circle of protection."

2. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

thank you carpo getrdone your posts have inspired me to find out more please look at
    my ACLU post and pass it on Semper Fidelis

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Numerous credible sources have come forward with examples of how the Federal Emergency Management Agency is deliberately sabotaging Hurricane Katrina relief efforts in New Orleans. This represents a ruthless attempt on the part of FEMA to impose a federal takeover of the area for their own benefit amid a tragedy that has already claimed anything up to 10,000 lives.

The mainstream media has picked up on this story but is whitewashing it as just another 'failure' of the federal government in dealing with the crisis.

In reality the actions are part of a coordinated campaign to deepen the scope of the disaster in order to force through bumper funding increases for FEMA.

Jefferson Parish President Aaron Broussard (pictured below) appeared on Meet the Press Sunday and broke down in tears as he described FEMA's criminal activities.

"We have been abandoned by our own country. Hurricane Katrina will go down in history as one of the worst storms ever to hit an American coast, but the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina will go down as one of the worst abandonments of Americans on American soil ever in U.S. history."

We had Wal-Mart deliver three trucks of water, trailer trucks of water. FEMA turned them back. They said we didn't need them. This was a week ago. FEMA--we had 1,000 gallons of diesel fuel on a Coast Guard vessel docked in my parish. The Coast Guard said, "Come get the fuel right away." When we got there with our trucks, they got a word. "FEMA says don't give you the fuel." Yesterday--yesterday--FEMA comes in and cuts all of our emergency communication lines. They cut them without notice. Our sheriff, Harry Lee, goes back in, he reconnects the line. He posts armed guards on our line and says, "No one is getting near these lines."

Why would FEMA, an organization supposedly tasked with helping in a time of crisis, deliberately cut police communication lines? This is a blatant example of sabotage and a sick push to make the disaster worse. In carrying out these actions, FEMA are no better than the animals who shot at rescue workers and helicopters.

STAY TUNED

In the wake of the unfolding police state crisis in New Orleans and the Federal Coup d'Etat of all Constitutional laws there it begs the question, how could this happen?

The answer lies with the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the multiple executive orders that have gradually and symptomatically eroded away all aspects of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

It is FEMA that is handling everything and systematically implementing the police state. "It is FEMA who is really calling the shots and setting priorities here," Lt. Gen. Carl A. Strock, commander of the US Amy Corps Engineers has said of the events in New Orleans.

So let us take a look at how FEMA has paved the way for the emerging police state hell.

FEMA is not an elected body, it does not involve itself in public disclosures, and it even has a quasi-secret budget in the billions of dollars. It has more power than the President of the United States or the Congress, it has the power to suspend laws, move entire populations, arrest and detain citizens without a warrant and hold them without trial, it can seize property, food supplies, transportation systems, and can suspend the Constitution. Not only is it the most powerful entity in the United States, but it was not even created under Constitutional law by the Congress.

Executice Orders On FEMA HERE

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The blame game is a stupid game in the first place. It's a game the appeals to the sinful nature of man. It's a game straight from teh pit of hell. Adam was the first to play the blame game, and look where it got us.

5. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

"local and state officials did not use federal money that was available for levee improvements or coastal reinforcement and often did not secure local matching funds that would have generated even more federal funding"

This is a lie from the propaganda machine, Bush vetoed federal funds for levee improvements. No one dares at CBS to print the truth or else they would end up like Dan Rather did.

"The mainstream media has picked up on this story but is whitewashing it" By Poncho.

Any report or investigation by the government will be whitewashed with the aid of mainstream media protecting the criminals and misleading the public.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Actually, if it were true that Bush refused to fund the levees, it would be in the interest of the "liberal press" to print that information. The simple fact is that there are hundreds of thousands of funds requests from the federal government every years, and they are incapable of granting all of them all the time. The truth is that federal money has over time gone to maintain the levees, but not in the amounts asked for. We ourselves in the OC have multiple projects that we have asked funding for, and received only part of that. This includes two dams that, if the broke, would flood the whole North Orange County area. We have to wait our turn for funding just like everyone else. If I'm that concerned about it, then I souldn't have chosen to live in an alluvial flood plane.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The blame game is a stupid game in the first place. It's a game the appeals to the sinful nature of man. It's a game straight from teh pit of hell. Adam was the first to play the blame game, and look where it got us. </font>[/QUOTE]I can't seem to find where I posted this Johnv. Can you help me out and point me to it?

8. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Oops, sorry, you didn't. It's the title of the thread. I wrongly did a cut and paste not realizing your name was there.

The time allotted for me to edit this has expired. My apologies for attributing this to you.

9. RandR

RandR New Member

JohnV,

He makes a lengthy post attributing it all to a government conspiracy to intentionally sabotage relief efforts, and he's worried that you wrongly attributed to him that benign little sentence. Surely you find that bit ironic, too.

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The "liberal press" is a myth promoted by those that own and control it Johnv.

Video: The Myth Of The Liberal Media

SOURCE With LinksTo Other Articles

11. RandR

RandR New Member

So...per poncho, this is a Bush administration failure, but it is also a successful Bush administration conspiracy.

(Waiting for the Bilderberg/Illuminati/Trilateral Commission connections to the Katrina disaster to be "exposed" next.)

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I wasn't worried. I have great respect for Johnv and his views notice how he has a propensity to be rational and not start bashing people for having opposing views right off the bat, like some here?

I just couldn't find where I posted it. No problem Johnv and thanks. [​IMG]

BTW, it's not only my contention but that of the Sheriffs Dept and other "authorities" as well. But you would have known that if you'd read the entire article(s) and let your fingers do the walking around the sources and links to other articles and Executive orders provided therein before making your statement. ;)

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Bush is the biggest liar and crook to ever walk... and if he denied all Federal funding and in fact sent saboteurs into NO to harm the levees... and if he is doing everything he can now personally and through his demonic minions to sabotage relief efforts... there remanins one unassailable fact.

THE LOCAL AND STATE GOVERNMENT FAILED TO DO THEIR JOBS BUT INSTEAD WAITED ON THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT TO DO IT FOR THEM WHILE THEY PLAYED CROOKED LA, DEMOCRATIC MACHINE POLITICS.

Now they have been caught in numerous failures and have to blame someone or else lose political control. Both of them being Dems and probably Bush haters from before the storm, they find Bush a very convenient target since the media is all too ready to bash him anyway.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Care to provide us with your indepth analysis of the situation (before, during and after)w/links or do we just look forward to more innuendos?

15. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, the state and local planning was so poor that they were not ready to request or coordinate FEMA help. FEMA has attempted to plan on the fly to make up for the fact that the mayor and governor had failed to do their jobs previously.

The few anecdotes mentioned in Poncho's post could well be explained by this. Resources have to be designated. You can't just allow people to run up and grab what they want in a situation like this.

Again, if the local and state governments had planned properly then much of this type of confusion and conflict could have been avoided.

.... and if they really had planned properly, the levees wouldn't have broken since the bond issue passed 10 years ago would have paid for the upgrades. Leaders don't wait for someone else to do their jobs for them.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think that accusations of the press being liberal are a bit exaggerated, but it is by no means a myth. Unless you're accusing conservative republicans of owning the media. There are many conservatives who I'm sure wish that were true.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

My what a quick study you are to go through all those Excutive orders, articles and mitigations to form your opinions. Amazing! Even Evelyn Wood would certainly be proud of you!

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I think that accusations of the press being liberal are a bit exaggerated, but it is by no means a myth. Unless you're accusing conservative republicans of owning the media. There are many conservatives who I'm sure wish that were true.
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't have to accuse anyone Johnv. The proof is in the ownership and advertizers power to control the media among other things. ;)

Watch the video...most interesting.

20. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

If Bush had waved his magic wand and brought the hurricane to a screeching halt some would have blamed him for interfering with nature or divine providence, depending on personal beliefs.