1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Louisiana State Senator Elbert Guillory Leaves Democrats, Joins GOP As A "Frederick D

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Louisiana Democratic State Senator Elbert L. Guillory who represents Louisiana’s Senate District 24, announced that he is no longer a Democrat and has become a Republican.

“With each passing day, I have become disappointed in the Democratic Party. What would be the impact on schools due to immigration? One of the biggest disappointments has been breakdown of American families. Their policies have encouraged the high teen birthrate, high school drop out rates, high unemployment. Children are encouraged to get the crazy check instead of honkering down to get an education. Minority unemployment is in the stratosphere.”

“I want better for my country and Louisiana. We must help America find her path home. The people in this room today seek an alternative solution to these problems of America. We have received some pretty good deals under the Republican Party. Republicans helped LBJ pass the Civil Rights Act over the objections of most Democrats. President Nixon left Vietnam and brought the money home and invested in America; Obama hasn’t done anything like that.”

“I pledged my dues, and I look forward to creating new partnerships in the State of Louisiana. I am of this day joining Frederick Douglass as a Republican.”

http://theyoungcons.com/new-blog/20...-i-have-become-disappointed-in-democrat-party