1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lovin’ Louisiana

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wingman68, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Article

Since when do too big to fail businesses get to dictate social justice. Louisiana is doing it’s part to stop the insanity. Social media needs to be slapped with a reality pill as well. So called news outlets that are nothing but propaganda arms feel, like universities, that they are untouchable when indocrinating their audiences. What can be done about it?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The politicization of government benefits cuts both ways. I would not approve of a Democratic government doing something to punish a conservative company. While I'm a gun rights supporter I do not approve of this move.

I cannot find a solid quote from anyone involved in this process saying Citibank was denied the underwriting of the bonds because of their stance on gun control. I doubt there are any because using that reason as justification for denying their bid would be grounds for a lawsuit.

3. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don’t have to announce it, now do they? The government has been awarding business forever our govmint dollars to their friends & lobbyists. This is just a non award, no harm, no foul. The levers of power move both ways, depending on whose hand is on the lever.

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you know the award was withheld because of Citibank's stance on gun control?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL

5. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, you’re right, I don’t know, I just threw out the article for discussion. IF that is the reason, I’m a happy camper. Didn’t Georgia just do something similar? I may have to relocate to the south, unless of course, Michigan passes the pot law in Nov., then I’ll have to really think about it, heh.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One the one hand, if true, I like it. However, as you say it cuts both ways. The left can start using it on us as well.

Don't know.

LOL. I've been looking at suburban Dallas areas. Getting sick of Minnesota winters and the liberals up here.

7. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me add that the site where I linked the article, Rantburg.com, has the BEST daily stories on everything, broken down in pages of various interests, that I have come across, FYI.