1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Loving Homosexuals To Death...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by pinoybaptist, Jan 4, 2007.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Coach Dave Daubenmire
    January 4, 2007
    NewsWithViews.com

Like I said in another thread, those of you who would like to argue against the points raised by Mr. Daubenmire against homosexuality are welcome to do so.

2. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loving Homosexuals To Death - 2

More on "The Coach".

3. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Loving Homosexuals To Death - 3

[/FONT]

There you go. Homosexuality is just about as clean and as "normal" a lifestyle as dumping , not washing hands, and going directly to the food, maybe eating with your fingers, too.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

All I have to say on the matter is to quote "The Coach:"

Not liking a person's sexuality does not give you the right to act unjustly toward said person.
    [/FONT]

5. pinoybaptist

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the contrary, I am not advocating discriminating against them, and your method is exactly what they do.
    They twist the point.
    The point is that their chosen lifestyle is filthy and should not be shoved down the throats of a civilized, supposedly God-fearing society, most especially through the children of this society.
    They want to wallow in filth, they're more than welcome, but they don't have the right to demand that everybody smell their butts and shout they smell like roses.

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

That's right.

7. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Would you be surprise if I told you that I also consider homosexuality to be a disgusting and vile sin?

Tho't so.

:type:

8. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah. Whatever.

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Nor would it surprise me if you thought African Americans, Mexicans, Jews and Asians were disgusting as well.

10. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Of course I wouldn't. But TP's post is disgusting, but not surprising:

tragic_pizza's post:
    Nor would it surprise me if you thought African Americans, Mexicans, Jews and Asians were disgusting as well.

11. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I think that is somewhat of a strawman argument. Why? Because the things you listed above are races/nationalities. Homosexuality is a behavior which Scripture directly condemns (Lev 18:22, 20:13, Rom 1:26-27, 1Cor 6:9-10, Rev 21:8,27). So the two groups are not the same and it is a strawman argument to argue that someone who believes homosexuality to be a "disgusting and vile sin" would also be a racist. Keep in mind that it is Scripture that calls homosexuality an abomination, degrading, unnatural, indecent, and error (see above passages). It is Scripture that directly states that those who are homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God (ie..they will not enter heaven). What will be their fate? If they don't repent it will be the lake of fire (Rev 21:8,27). Being against homosexuality does not equal racism.

12. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

You're welcome to call "strawman" all you'd like. I'm talking about the way we as Christians treat other people, and El Guero sounds like he would treat a gay person terribly... and think he was doing God a favor.

13. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==What you presented was clearly a strawman argument. In fact that is the same argument used by the pro-homosexual people.

==Based on some of the comments El Guero has made (in another thread) I share your concern. However to equate racism with opposition to homosexuality is a strawman argument.

14. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

I'd be more interested in knowing what more chruches are willing to do about Homosexuality. It has become everyone's favorite sin because it is easy to preach against. I can preach all day in my church and probably never have a homosexual in the congregation.

But what about when we are called to preach the GOOD NEWS?

I know of a church that began an outreach to the parents of those in the homosexual lifestyle and a recovery ministry for those in that sin as well. It is a very Biblical ministry teaching people how to pray for their children and giving them support when the rest of the world just says, "accept it."

Yet, when the church decided to advertise the ministry a Christian radio station refused saying it was offensive to their listeners? Seems homosexuality is fine unless we want to believe someone can be saved from it.

Maybe it makes us feel good to say its wrong when we have no personal issue with it. It is easy for a congregation to hear as opposed ot sins they might be dealing with it. But our call is to teach the saving truth of Christ. Who will do this?

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Whatever. Hate is hate, hands down. Crying "strawman" doesn't change that fact.

16. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==No "whatever". You made a untruthful comparison and I pointed that out. Hate is not hate. There are different types of hate and different reasons for hate. There is nothing wrong with hating homosexuality. Why? Because God hates it as a sin and we should as well. However we should not hate the homosexual. Hating race, racism, is a totally different thing. That is hating who a person is not what a person does.

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

How do you not hate the gay person if you breathlessly and with much joy condemn him or her to Hell?

18. Daisy

Daisy New Member

No, definitely not Mexicans. That is one group El_Guero has sympathy for and understands the discrimination against.

19. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==As Christians we rightly disapprove of the homosexual lifestyle. However I am afraid that the modern evangelical church has gotten so involved in civil affairs (political activism) that it has started viewing homosexuals as political enemies. That is not a Biblical way to view any lost people. Our job is not politics, our job is not social reform, our job is preaching the gospel and discipleship. The church needs to rid itself of all forms of political activism.

It is also true, as you pointed out, that most Christians either don't know any homosexuals or don't have any close family members who are homosexuals. The result is that it is easy to sterotype and make sweeping statements and, sadly, easier to view homosexuals as our enemies. The result is the kind of thing you give an example of above.

The church should reach out to homosexuals. If we don't reach out to them we are not obeying the commandment of the Lord Jesus Himself. Homosexuals, like all other lost people, need the Gospel. They need Jesus. It is our duty to make sure they hear that Gospel. In the process we need to make sure we don't water down the Gospel simply to avoid offending them. We must be direct and clear. They must repent of their sins and come to Jesus in faith. They can't be homosexuals and followers of Christ at the same time. They will either follow Christ and live eternally or follow the flesh and die eternally (Rom 8:13).

A few years ago Jerry Falwell reached out to a group of homosexuals and invited them to his church for a "conference". He has never been forgiven for this by many fundamentalist Christian groups. Even though he never compromised one thing, his willingness to talk to them was viewed by some in the fundamentalist camp as apostasy. I am afraid that some Christians have become nothing but Pharisees.

BP Story on the meeting

20. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I don't hate anyone and I have not "with much joy" condemned anyone to hell. I have just stated a fact that Scripture states. Homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1Cor 6:9-10).