1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Luther Rice Seminary Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by spreacher, Oct 12, 2004.

1. spreacher

spreacher New Member

I'm new here, so bear with me if this subject has been addressed previously.

I'm interested in opinions about Luther Rice Seminary. I got my BA in pastoral ministries from the undergrad program at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary (NOBTS). I've got 46 hours toward an MDiv from NOBTS. Much of what I got at the BA level is what I got at the MDIV level, although there were some exceptions. I don't have the desire to repeat classes and I'm so busy as a full time pastor that I can't give up two-three days a week to drive the 150 miles one way to NOBTS. How does the MDIV program at Luther Rice compare to an MDIV program from SBC supported seminaries? Are there any issues with the accredidation of LRS? How does the work required from LRS compare to that of SBC supported seminaries? What are the positives or negatives with a distance learning program? Thanks for helping me out.