1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Magic/Celtics Game 7 !!! Whoohooo!

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by CoJoJax, May 17, 2009.

1. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

Anybody on here watching Game 7 in a few minutes?

I'm a huge basketball fan .. this should be a great game.

Lakers blew out the Rockets earlier .. which they should have been doing the entire series .. but this series has been pretty good. Not as good as Bulls/Celts, but pretty good.

It's interesting how Boston had these same scenario's in the playoffs last year. Without Garnett now though, we'll see how far they get.

Game time !!!

2. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

Clearly, nobody else is excited about this game like I am!

Anyway .. heading into the 4th. Orlando is on FIREEEEEEE from downtown.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I watched the 2nd half. I went downstairs to help my son get something to eat with the Celtics down by 3 after the 3rd quarter and came back upstairs with 8 minutes left to find them down by 17. So, the Magic won a series in 7 games that they should have won in 5. Good job by them.

I still don't understand what Dwight Howard was complaining about after Game 5. The offense never ran through him all season and suddenly he decides it needs to go through him in the playoffs, even though he has no low-post game? If Howard has an idea about being an all-time great, there's a couple of things he needs to do. #1, work on a low-post game. #2, work on his basketball IQ. Neither one of these things are as developed as they need to be to be an all-time great.

He'll have a chance to start that work next Tuesday once the Magic are swept out of the Conference Finals by LeBron and the Cavs. The media is going to bill this series as LeBron vs. Dwight, but they aren't the same caliber of player.

Cavs in 4.

Since we're talking NBA, I've unequivocally stated that the Lakers are going to win the West. But, the Lakers/Rockets series should have never gone 7 games. I like how Denver is playing and they should give the Lakers all they want and more. I'm really tempted to take the Nuggets, but I'll still go Lakers in 7.

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

My prediction - Denver in 6, Cavs in 4 - Cavs win it all

If the lakers play anything like they played v houston they will lose in 4. Cavs have the look of a champion this year, I dont see anyone beating them

5. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

King James will loose his crown and might just gain some humility. Lakers will take it in 7.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The East may go 6 games...I can see Orlando winning a game or two at home, but the Cavs will prevail

The Lakers will win it in 5, IMO. Too much playoff experience.

The Cavs will beat the Lakers in 6 or 7. Home court in the Finals is huge.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You make a good point about experience, webdog, but nobody has more playoff experience than Chauncey Billups. If there's any one player you want to have playoff experience, it's your point guard.

8. CoJoJax

CoJoJax New Member

The inbound play before the half by Billups against Kobe was ridiculous. Kobe was embarrassed.

But you're right about Billups having the experience to lead Denver over LA.