1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Male Criminals Do Not A Family Make!

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it’s like an ex-preacher (retired now) once said, “Sometimes parents of lead have children of gold, & sometimes parents of gold have children of lead”

So a family of LEAD, can break the family pattern if there is a child of GOLD in the decendents.

3. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes it is. Why do we, as a so-called Christian nation, continue to emphasize missions to foreign countries when the needs are so great in our own? When Christ sent His disciples out two-by-two with no provisions, how far could they go in a day? He did not direct them to get on a boat and go to across the sea. Additionally, if they were rejected, He did not instruct them to build a school or hospital. They were to knock the dust off their sandals and turn away from that village. Think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What part of "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations" and "you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth" directs me against foreign missions?

6. Wesley Briggman

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Christian community has been engaged in "foreign" missions attempting to fulfill the Great Commission since its inception. I was taught the efforts started at "home" and spread outward. I am pointing out the need for more emphases on the home front.

Scripture says go and obviously we must obey. It appears that in many cases, missionaries will "browbeat" their subjects into submission or "buy" them with offers the subjects would not otherwise have. Helping a foreign student with a dissertation, she made this statement in her paper:

“Many Hmong families chose to convert to Christianity in order to become sponsored by Christian missionaries. This conversion process allowed Hmong refugees to leave Thailand and Laos, where the Hmong were prosecuted for fighting for the American government.”

Mat 7:21 KJV - "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

Setting a good example at "home" would be beneficial.

Only God knows the motives and the outcome.

You have caused me to reflect on my position, thank your for that.

• Informative Informative x 1