1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Man made at the beginning of creation-How old is the earth?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Revmitchell, Jan 1, 2015.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

More from Evolutionists letting their hair down:

2. OldRegular

10 Dangers of Theistic Evolution

Continued in following post!

3. OldRegular

Continued from previous post!

4. Getting it Right

Site Supporter

"It was over the words that passions raged, passions which continue to rumble on in the modern world, passions that one can read about with hilarious satisfaction in the columns of the weekly science magazine Nature and listen to in basso profundo pronouncements from learned scientific societies."

Whoopee.

5. OldRegular

Whoopee,

You should use the quote feature when quoting someone whether another poster or a link!

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Although the new Heaven and new Earth will be identified with eternity----time will also be kept--along with seasons and years--Days will be identified and distinquished one from another----I believe it will be on the order of a 24 hour day----just like from the beginning!!

It makes a difference!!!

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    this post is the winner:thumbs:

8. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen. 1:2-5

I agree that the period of evening and morning above was twenty four hours. However I do not believe it had a thing to do with time as kept by the sun.

The good light, God called day. God also called the darkness night.

Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him. John 11:9,10

As regulated by the rotation of the earth relative to the sun, where on earth at any given time are there exactly twelve hours of day and twelve hours of night?

Actually according to the time of the year, and where Jesus was on the earth when Jesus spoke this it could have been possible that on that given day it was twelve hours of day and twelve hours of night relative to the sun. I think. Some of the more educated can correct me concerning this.

In that passage in John 11 Jesus is speaking of walking in the good light, walking with God or walking in darkness, that is, being led by Satan.

The darkness was already on the face of the earth. God came as the good light and God divided himself light, Day with the light being good, from the already present darkness, Night as twelve hours each as spoken of in John 11.

Is that right or wrong? Was Jesus in John 11 speaking of a day as determined by the sun or was he speaking of as Day the light of the world, as divided from the darkness of this present world, Satan the devil?
    Is that not what is divided in to twelve hours of each in John 11?

9. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no evidence for an "old earth".

Given what we can determine scientifically now:

1. The Earth would have been rotating on its axis so fast that it would have slung people out into space.

2. The gravitational pull would have been so immense that not even a sprig of grass would be able to burst forth from the soil

3. The Earth would have been rotating around the sun so fast, that it would have made life impossible and the seasons would have been totally jacked up

4. The sun would have burned up the entire universe

5. The gravitational pull between the moon and Earth would have been so great that the moon would have come crashing into the Earth

And that is just for starters! We can use what we know about science now to extrapolate these claims

BTW, when I first became a believer, I believed what you do

10. OldRegular

The important thing to remember is the first thing God spoke into existence!

Genesis 1:1-3
    1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
    2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Evolutionists admit that there are no real evidence of change from one defined species unto another, as there is no reason they can show to support just how the Dna would be changing by purely "natural means"

Alsom the biggest knock against Theistic evolution is that Jesus did not hold to that view, and he was there "in the beginning"

12. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

At that moment what would be the ultimate purpose? Would it not be in order that God could be expressed through Son who would be image of one created in the image of God? See.

because it is God who said, Out of darkness light is to shine, who did shine in our hearts, for the enlightening of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Cor 4:6 YLT

What was the darkness, on the earth, from which, the good light would shine forth?

Had the following already taken place?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. Isa 14:12-15

What was Lucifer doing in the garden, God planted eastward in Eden, where he had put the man he had created in his image? Why was he and how long had he been of the earth? When and how was, the God, going to deal with Lucifer?

And yes I do wonder about the word I underlined, "nations".

What nations might have been extinct, for I believe the earth had become dead after Gen 1:1 and before God shown out of the darkness as light? Whatever nations they might have been, I do not believe they were in the image of God.

13. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

1. Read some scholarly articles and you will know there is much evidence for evolutionary processes
    2. I agree with you concerning what I think you mean by "natural means". I am assuming you are meaning absolute naturalism and randomness with no teleology.
    3. I don't think Jesus ever fielded any questions concerning evolution, if so, I will stand corrected.

14. quantumfaith

But you don't KNOW this....do you? It may make a difference, but I doubt it is the difference that you think it is.

15. OldRegular

Light is energy. Energy could become matter! And the creation process continues!

16. OldRegular

Macro evolution has never been scientifically demonstrated.

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Change within species though, and NEVER changes from one kind to another....

And jesus spoke of the creation and of Adam and Eve as being real people, direct creation of God, and not due to an evolutionary process, was he wrong then?

Do you hold to a theistic evolutionary view then?

18. quantumfaith

19. quantumfaith

I am most comfortable, if a label is required, with evolutionary creationism. But I have much kinship with Intelligent Design as well.