1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Man Saved Out of Calvinism Gives Testimony at SBC

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Revmitchell, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How much of us was affected by the fall of Adam, just some?

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, Benjamin! Icon thinks you are like Satan!

A couple weeks ago in response to my questioning Calvinism he called me ungodly and wicked, likening me to the people that crucified the Lord. These are the sorts of 'arguments' that Bill Martinson alluded to and why I rarely participate in these threads any more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, to be honest I figured throwing "carnal" back at him might set him off. He believes he and the writers of the LBC 1869 have special insight and their work inspired so all that disagree with it are evil. Couldn't count how many times he's gotten personal and used such derogatory insults in debate and kind of surprised he flies under the radar with it.

I rarely participate myself any more but guess I was a bit bored and I know I shouldn't but figured I'd rattle his cage a little, maybe occasionally like to throw him a few crumbs to chew on when he's sitting all alone. :) I try to help him some too, but suspect there is some kind of blockage that makes him the way he is. My biggest issue with him is that he shamelessly avoids coming to the truth while hiding behind his insults, but the rest I'm pretty thick skinned about and consider the source and Who he will answer to eventually about his excuses to freely accept the love of God and his vocal distaste for all to have the opportunity to freely receive His grace.

#143 Benjamin, Jun 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For all of his faults, at least he understands what the scriptures speak on this matter!

5. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you say so. :Whistling

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do we have full free will when we were lost?

7. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To avoid semantic ambiguity circular argument ["full"] "free will" needs to be defined as human “volition” and this sustains the meaning that man has the ability to consciously choose; one cannot do both, have this ability and not have this ability in any logical sense. If man's response is determined by causal means to have an irresistible effect on the man then man's volition logically becomes void. Thus, strict Determinism would be left and a less than genuine gospel for those who are lost.

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is why you never seem to learn. You deny the biblical definition and invent your own really idiotic definition of "free will."

Once more, "free will" has nothing to do with "volition" or the "ability to consciously choose" or any other of your silly miss-directions.

"Free will" means that the will of lost man is NOT bound by the law of sin and death in direct contradiction to Romans 8:2 "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death."

Until you stop trying to wiggle around the teachings of the bible you will never learn what biblical soteriology really is. :(

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Could you point out where that post was I don't recall that post and if so I'd like to reread it

10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh no sir, he is not bound by calvinistic/reformed/particular/whatever ideology. His learning is just fine, yours not so much. You need to learn that these doctrines are defined completely different. Your lack of respect for those with whom you disagree does not promote civil discussion and it has earned you a scolding from a new comer. Maybe you should heed the genuine correction you have been given and drop this hostile attitude you displayed in this post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Benjamin

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No surprise that you would fallaciously attempt to avoid defining the terms.

I try to offer you a little semantic disambiguation by defining terms and there goes your methods of argument, so sad.
    :Cry

Maybe you should look up "semantic ambiguity" and how it applies to philosophical debate by defining terms which has a goal of drawing out the truth in an argument as well as pointing out your "idiotic" fallacious tactics of avoiding such.

I know your pride gets hurt but you shouldn't accuse your opposition of "trying to wiggle around the teachings of the bible" to defend your question begging conclusions on soteriology. Calm down, breathe deeply and consider your position on this board. Weaseling on the term of "free will" is your wiggle, not mine. :Smile

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And all this time I thought the reason you did not participate in the threads anymore is your inability to answer anything scriptural. That's seem to be more why you struggled in these threads and then you go hide like a turtle and pop out once in awhile and make some kind of accusations just like they're trying to accuse TC of being arrogant and rude when he's just answering the questions and their straightforward manner.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.