1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Man's relationship to God today

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by The Biblicist, Jun 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Amazing utter ignorance of such a basic Biblical concept. Have you never read 2 Corinthians 3:3-6 where Paul describe the work of the Spirit under the new covenant as writing the law upon the tables of the human heart, thus changing the hearts resistance to God's law (Rom. 8:7). Have you never read 2 Corinthians 4:6 where the creative work of calling light out of darkness is used as the direct analogy for SAVING REVELATION by God in the darkness of the heart?

Have you never read the description of the future salvation of Israel in Ezekiel 36:26-27 under the "new" covenant as the act of God giving them a NEW HEART and a NEW SPIRIT?

Have you never read or did an grammatical study on the new birth in first John where the phrase "born of God" is used with the perfect tense verb and present tense participle?

Have you not read Matthew 12:32-35 where Christ directly compares the human heart to a tree and works that come forth from it to fruits and tells you plainly there must first be a good tree to produce good fruits?

Have you not read Colossians 2:12 where Old Testament circumcision which symbolizes the circumcision of THE HEART is directly described in regenerative terms?

This is a basic baby teaching of Scriptures and you ask to give you just one verse? The Whole Bible is filled with this teaching. However, I have already found out that it does no good to provide you scripture for anything as you have no eyes to see or ears to hear and that is the real tragedy here.

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Grammatical suicide.

Maybe you should stick with prepositions.

This...

Jeremiah 31:31-34

King James Version (KJV)

31 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the Lord:

33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

...is spoken in the prophetic tense.

So is this:

John 14:15-18

King James Version (KJV)

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

So is this...

John 14:20-24

King James Version (KJV)

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

But since you ignored them the first, and second, and third time around, I am quite sure you will ignore them again.

Or perhaps, another carnal lecture as to how you understand this better than Christ and John.

Continued...

3. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Yes, you are right but do you want to know why I ignored it? Because it has NO BEARING ON INFANTS. Of course, I am not so stupid to think God does not fill adults but WE ARE TALKING ABOUT INFANTS or have you now changed the subject. Your examples have no validity, no bearing, no weight, no worth when the subject is INFANTS? Are you so blind you can't see that your examples are absolutely worthless when it comes to infants??????

• Like Like x 1
  4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

;)

Not one passage you present states "the new birth is receiving a good heart," which goes to your argument that men cannot do good except they be born again.

Read Ezekiel 36:27 again and you will see that it is the Indwelling of God that allows men to do...good. Because it is that indwelling that causes men to walk in His statutes and to keep His judgments.

This was true for the Old Testament Saint, it is still true for those Eternally Indwelt.

After you have consulted your proof-texts again, and understand that the New Birth is not defined as receiving a good heart, then perhaps you can see why your grammar is very poor math indeed.

;)

Now, find me one verse that teaches that the New Birth is receiving a good heart.

God bless.

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Here is a perfectly clear example why talking to you is hopeless. What I said is undeniably the grammatical fact. You can't deal with it so you resort to ridicule. God has blinded you to the truth and no amount of reasoning can break through just pure pride. You want to win the argument so badly that you refuse to acknowledge the truth, refuse to admit you are wrong when the evidence is clear there is nothing you can say or do but reduce yourself to ridicule. I feel truly sorry for you.

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What sin do you lay to the charge of infants?

Which is it, infants are quickened at death, as you have taught, or they are quickened through God giving them revelation in the womb, as you have taught.

Answer the questions posed to you, and you will see they are not irrelevant.

God bless.

7. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't "want to win," I am winning.

Because I can address your questions and doctrine, yet you cannot return the favor.

Insult and assertion does not deal with the issues.

God bless.

8. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like to call that exposition and expounding upon, but, I can see how someone that teaches two different things at the same time might get confused.

;)

Continued...

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not deny anything. Peter also knew his Redeemer lived, and in a far greater way than Job did, because he (1) had his Redeemer standing right in front of him and (2) had revelation from the Father that Jesus was the Christ...the Son of the Living God.

And that didn't nullify the fact that the Mystery of the Gospel was still unrevealed to Peter:

Matthew 16:20-23

King James Version (KJV)

20 Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.

21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.

22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.

23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

As I said, grammatical suicide.

When all you need to do is just pay attention to what the speaker is saying.

You think you can grammatically justify erroneous beliefs which really do deny clear statements of Scripture.

Deny this again...

Ephesians 3:4-6

King James Version (KJV)

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Go ahead and argue that the Mystery of Christ applies...only to Gentiles. Just bear in mind that the moment you do, you have just created a scenario where God only revealed the Gospel unto Jews, and that only they understood it. And just as I have said before numerous times...

...you then have to justify your denial that both Jew and Gentile are made into the new man that didn't exist before.

Deny this...

Romans 16:24-26

King James Version (KJV)

24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

...again.

Continued...

10. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

My, my, my so sad! You can't even see the obvious. Don't you see the giving of the new heart accompanies the giving of the Spirit here? The problem of enmity toward the commandments of God is a heart problem which Jesus tells you bluntly in Matthew 15:17-18. However, the new heart alone cannot rectify obedience because the new heart does not have power to overrule indwelling sin (Rom. 7:18). That requires the indwelling power of the Spirit. It is not either or but both are involved in the new birth, the giving of a new heart and indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

From the Old Testament (Deut. 5:29; 29:4) unto the New Testament the problem is the same - the sinful heart and the absence of the indwelling power of the Spirit (2 Cor. 3:3-6).

;)

You are right, I can't find you one verse because you can't see even if a thousand verses were found and placed before you. If you can't see that the sin problem is a heart problem as Jesus plainly says (Mt. 15:17-18) then you can't see anything. If you can't see that regeneration is the creative act that washes and cleanses the ruling inclination of the heart toward evil (Tit. 3:10; Rom. 7:18) interpreted in the light of Ephesians 4:24 and Col. 3:10 then you cannot see anything.

Repentance and faith are merely the experiential side of the new birth. The new birth is the cause while repentance and faith is consequence. The CHANGE OF HEART is one and the same as "repentance and faith." Repentance is a CHANGE of mind (intellect) and emotions and will. The mind is changed from unbelief to belief. The emotions (heart) is changed from love of sin to love of righteousness and the will is changed from resistance to submission. YOu obviously don't know much about justification, regeneration or repentance and faith - that is plainly obvious and therefore I must not expect anything but error from your posts.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That the Spirit of God according to Promise did not come until Christ arose and returned to Heaven is a very Biblical, and very supportable position.

Which is contrasted with your own...that the Spirit that is specifically stated as having not come yet was already there. If you want to deny it, I have several of your carnal lectures to import.

It is Biblical and supportable also to teach...

The Baptism with the Holy Ghost is New Covenant Provision that is the immersion of the believer into God.

That the Ministry of the Holy Ghost, which has always been present in the World, has changed.

That the New Covenant believer did not arrive until Pentecost.

The Church began at Pentecost.

New birth is Spiritual Regeneration.

Remission of sins was not made perfect, hence the believer was not made perfect, until Christ died.

These are just a few issues you deny, which are not only Biblical and supportable, they are, evidenced by your attempts...incontrovertible. You have offered up nothing that suggests that either men were born again before Pentecost, or, that men could not be saved in the Old Testament based on Justification which resulted from faith.

Your denials are clear.

Continued...

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Enough of the excuses, just give me a verse.

You are teaching that those who are born again are inherently...good. Because they have a good heart now.

Great. Many will like to have their ears tickled with nonsense like that, because their hearts are already predisposed to elevate themselves over others.

Another carnal lecture absolutely devoid of Scriptural Basis.

Now back up your doctrine and give a verse relevant to New Birth that states "the new birth is receiving a good heart."

God bless.

13. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again we see you contradicting yourself. Do I need to remind you that you have said we are not perfected yet?

The Perfection taught in Hebrews does not refer to glorification, it refers to completion of foundational Doctrines of Christ.

Who are the "spirits of just men made perfect?"

Continued...

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is your proof-text:

Romans 3:25-26

King James Version (KJV)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

God was justified in this verse?

God is the Justifier, the one believing on Christ the one justified.

Now address the remission of sins that are past.

Was God not justified when He, as you teach...forgave men their sins the same way He does in this Age?

Now when exactly did God "set forth Jesus Christ" again, Biblicist?

What is said here to be propitious?

Can you show me how the Old Testament Saint had faith in the Blood (Death) of Christ?

You can't even show the first disciple of Christ that had faith in Christ's death.

Deny, or ignore (whichever shoe fits best), this again...

Mark 16:9-14

King James Version (KJV)

9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.

10 And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.

11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

12 After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

13 And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them.

14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Tell me again how the Old Testament Saints, who had not received the understanding of the Mystery of the Gospel, had faith in the Death of Christ...when His Own disciples, who heard the Gospel straight from the Lord Himself...

...did not?

Continued...

15. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amazing.

Are you making it this easy on purpose?

God bless.

16. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Romans 3:25-26

King James Version (KJV)

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Underlined refers to God the Father, emboldened refers to the Son.

Ultimately this is moot seeing that Christ is God.

Maybe you can entertain yourself with the prepositions. You're certainly not interested in the statements themselves.

Not hard to correlate the forbearance of God with retroactive remission of sins of the past.

Now is that the second time you have made me address this? Third? Perhaps the fourth?

Oh, that's right, the fourth was yesterday...

Continued...

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

In every context where the "mystery" of the gospel is mentioned it is contextually defined as applying to GENTILES and the "mystery" is that God would turn away from Israel to Gentiles and make the them fellowheirs in salvation and in the church. However, it seems you are incapable of understanding that, even if you read it.

My oh my! Job did not say or know that "Jesus" is the Christ!!! He said, "I know MY REDEEMER" which signified he knew he was a sinner but had found redemption from sin by a Savior. MOreover, You are pitting one scripture against another scripture. Don't you see that Christ pronounced it a blessing "BLESSED" to know and believe that Jesus is the Christ the Son of the Living God and in the context purposely promoted this response by the very questions he asked the disciples?????
    However, most Jews, in fact, as a nation, Israel was primarily unbelievers and were looking not for Christ as savior from their sins but power to overthrow Rome and set up a universal kingdom. Hence, Jesus knew how the overall public would respond, thus he forbid his disciples and every individual believer he revealed it to, not to publicly broadcast it because the general public would respond not in repentance and faith in him as Savior, but respond for a violent purpose to overthrow Rome. Of course this probably a little over you head to understand.

No, you do like you normally do, change the subject, ignore the context in order to merely win an argument by hook or by crook. YOu argue just to argue.

Darrell, this was a complete surprise to the Jews as Acts 1-11 clearly testifies. Even water baptized born again church members after Pentecost were still struggling to accept this "mystery" of the gospel to the gentiles and their equal standing in the same congregational body of water baptized believers. So you argument is silly and pointless. You only prove my point. You can't take the text in its context, so you jerk it out and make it mean what you want - typical!

Again, look at who he is specifically applying this to as he tells you plainly in the chapter preceding this:

8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
    9 And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.
    10 And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.
    11 And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.
    12 And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
    16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.
    17 ΒΆ I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
    18 For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

Now, look again at the very last verse you quoted. What does it say?

26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

Don't you realize the whole Judaizer movement dealt with in Acts 15 and in Galatians were Jews who rejected this "mystery" but attempted to make Gentiles Jewis proselyties by circumcision????

• Like Like x 1
  18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again we see your "Mere Formality Gospel."

Shameful.

First you improperly interpret a passage, then impose your doctrine into Job's understanding that he is in need of Redemption.

Here is another example of those who understood that Christ would redeem:

Luke 24:19-21

King James Version (KJV)

19 And he said unto them, What things? And they said unto him, Concerning Jesus of Nazareth, which was a prophet mighty in deed and word before God and all the people:

20 And how the chief priests and our rulers delivered him to be condemned to death, and have crucified him.

21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Here's another:

Luke 2:25

King James Version (KJV)

25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Here's one more:

Luke 2:36-38

King James Version (KJV)

36 And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

38 And she coming in that instant gave thanks likewise unto the Lord, and spake of him to all them that looked for redemption in Jerusalem.

Seems most understood that Redemption was a future event. How is it you don't?

Continued...

19. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, but we do not see Gentiles specifically stated here:

Romans 16:24-26

King James Version (KJV)

24 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

It is not Gentile Inclusion that was kept secret since the world began. It is the Gospel which is the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the Mystery.

We also understand it as the Hidden Wisdom:

1 Corinthians 2:5-10

King James Version (KJV)

5 That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Here...

Ephesians 3:4-6

King James Version (KJV)

4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

...it is specific to Gentile Inclusion but that does not negate nor nullify that no man had this revelation prior to this Age.

What yo would have to teach is that Gentiles were the only ones that did not know, and the one glaring fact that troubles such a position is that this would have to also be taught as meaning...Gentiles could not be saved prior to this Age. What utter nonsense your doctrine forces you to teach.

It is just basic:

Hebrews 1:1-2

King James Version (KJV)

1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

Your position fails to understand this statement. You do not distinguish between the Ages, the revelation of those Ages, and the Provision of those Ages.

1 Peter 1:9-12

King James Version (KJV)

9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Here's another look at the Mystery:

Ephesians 1:5-10

King James Version (KJV)

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Another:

Colossians 1:25-27

King James Version (KJV)

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Again, the context centers on Gentile Inclusion, but let me ask you...

...who are the "Ages and Generations" in view?

Just the Gentiles?

But you won't answer, will you?

Continued...

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Martin, perhaps you would explain why you disagree. Be glad to have some other antagonists in this debate.

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.