1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Masonic Lodge

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by srttlt, Jun 21, 2001.

1. srttlt

srttlt Guest

I come to you because I know not where to turn. I have spent hours trying to ascertain the Baptist beliefs in regards to Masons. I am a Southern Baptist and was all but shunned by an independent Baptist for my family's long standing membership in the lodge. I would appreciate any guidance you could give me in regards to this matter. null

2. Psalm145 3

Psalm145 3 New Member

Terrilee, your family is following Satan. Masonry is just modern Baal worship. Click this link.

The Curse of Baphomet

3. Larry

Larry Member
    Site Supporter

The Masonic Lodge is evil and not something that a Christian should be a member of.

As Christians, we are told to "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness" "Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers" and so on.

If you are a Hindu or Muslim and want to "warship god" alongside Christians, the Lodge is the place for you.

I personally know Masons that claim that the Lodge "is a Christian organization" but closing a prayer "in Jesus name" during a Grand Lodge Meeting" is forbidden. The Lodge in the USA dose have a Bible on the altar, but in other countries, they have the Koran. That’s because the Lodge believes in the "Brotherhood of Man and the Fatherhood of god" AKA whether you call him Zoraster, Buram, Allah, Buddha or Krishna it's all the same "we warship the same god"--- PUKE

I could go on and on about what the white Lambs Wool Apron is for and the oaths etc but I will give you a link to a web page that has testimonies of x-masons and documentation from Masonic literature that are proof positive that the Lodge is Evil. http://www.ephesians5-11.org/

4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Terrilee,

What has been said concerning the Masonic Lodge is true. There are definite pagan and cultic associations in the Lodge. Three reasons many people do not know that here is our country is: (1) that so many Masons are members of Christian denominations; (2) that many people never go beyond the Master Mason level and therefore never hear many of the worst parts of Masonry; and (3) that Masonry is practiced in secret. The secrecy itself should be enough to make the Christian beware; and the fact that Jesus established His church and not the Lodge should tell us beyond the shadow of a doubt where we should be (the Masonic oaths should also bother a Christian). Anyone want to be part of a religious group established by our Lord Jesus Christ? Then join a new testament Baptist Church rather than the Masonic Lodge!

BAPTIST BELIEFS REGARDING MASONRY

There is no standard Baptist belief regarding Masonry. There are many different kinds of Baptists and they do not all agree on Masonry. Primitive Baptists and Old Regular Baptists will not allow members of the Lodge (or other secret societies) to be members of their churches. Many independent Baptists also take this position, although some do not care. Southern Baptists and Missionary Baptists seem to be very divided on the issue. In the area of Texas where I live, it is not uncommon for ministers of these two groups to be members of the Lodge. I do not know the positions of other Baptist groups on the Masonic Lodge. As a general rule, I would say that Baptists that are modern in their programs and procedures do not take a position on the Lodge, while Baptists that are "primitivistic" (seeking to imitate the original church) take a position against the Lodge. Remember this is only a general rule.

I hold no enmity toward Lodge members, and have had family members and friends who are members. But the fact that they are good people does not keep them from being wrong in this area of their walk.

5. John Wells

John Wells New Member

"The true Mason is not creed-bound. He realizes with the divine illumination of his lodge that as a Mason his religion must be universal: Christ, Buddha, or Mohammed, the name means little, for he recognizes only the light and not the bearer. He worships at every shrine, bows before every altar, whether in temple, mosque or cathedral, realizing with his truer understanding the oneness of all spiritual truth." (The Lost Keys of Freemasonry, Manly P. Hall, 33o, p.65, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Co., Richmond, VA., 1976.)

"Masonry, around whose altars the Christian, the Hebrew, the Moslem, the Brahmin, the followers of Confucius and Zoroaster, can assemble as brethren and unite in prayer to the one God who is above ALL the Baalim, must needs leave it to each of its initiates to look for the foundation of his faith and hope to the written scriptures of his own religion." (Morals and Dogma, Albert Pike, 1956, page 226) [Ed note : The word "Baalim," is simply defined as "false god or idol." The Masonic author has included the God of the Christian in that category.]

The simple Christian NO list has been enough for most truly Bible based Churches to take a stand regarding Masons holding membership in their Church.

First, if the Mason is a Christian, Christ's admonition to swear no oaths at all should be all one would need to stay clear. The secrets of Masonry are protected by the most vile of blood oaths, every one of which is an offense to Jesus.

Second, the name and nature of the Masonic deity is an offense to the one true God. It is taught in the Royal Arch degree that Masonry draws its teachings and powers from three great teachers and gods. The combined deity is represented as a three headed snake, whose name is Joa:Bul:On, which stands for Jehovah, Baal and Osiris, Now the Mason who pronounces that name in the Masonic prayer of worship has just simply defiled the Holy name of God.

Third, in the Shrine, the initiate swears a terrible binding oath in the name of "Allah, the God of our Fathers!" Friends, Mohammed was a false prophet and Allah is an evil god, a demon god destroying nation after nation of his followers. The red Fez itself was originally a badge of honor worn only by muslims who had actually killed a Christian and dipped his cap in the martyr's blood.

Fourth, At the Apron lecture, the foolish mason is usually told that the lambskin apron will be his covering at the great white throne judgement of God. The prayer and dedicatory sounds great, but there is only one Great white throne judgement and it is the judgement of the damned. (Rev.20:11)

Fifth, the promise of godhood through the Lodge, the usurping of Christ's Melchizedek Priesthood, the Holy communion of the dead, drinking wine from the carved out top of a human skull......and on and on.

The scriptures tell us to "not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers; for what fellowship hath righteousness wioth unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? Come out from among them and be ye separate, saith the Lord and touch not the unclean thing and I will receive you." (2 Cor. 6:14,15,17).

The oath sworn by the Entered Apprentice or first degree: "…binding myself under no less penalty than that of having my throat cut across, my tongue torn out by its roots, and my body buried in the rough sands of the sea, at low water mark." The Master Mason swears,"…under no less penalty than that of having my body severed in two, my bowels taken from thence and burned to ashes, the ashes scatter before the four winds of heaven…" (Duncan's Ritual of Freemasonry, 3rd Ed., pp. 35 396, David McKay Pub., New York, NY)

Each candidate, upon completion of the initiation is given a white Lambskin Apron whose pure and spotless surface, he is told, would be

"an ever present reminder of purity of life and rectitude of conduct, and when at last, after a life of faithful service your weary feet shall have come to the end of life's toilsome journey and from your nerveless grasp shall have dropped forever the working tools of life, may the record of your life be as pure and spotless as this fair emblem which I place in your hands tonight, and when your trembling soul shall stand, naked and alone, before the Great White Throne, there to receive judgement for the deeds done while here in the body, may it be your portion to hear from Him who sitteth as the Judge Supreme, the welcome words: Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee rule over many things! Enter into the joy of thy Lord."

While the words sound noble, it is to the everlasting pit of hell that the unsuspecting candidate has been assigned in the subtle words of the message. The promise is that the apron represents the works of the flesh when the Mason stands before God at the Great White Throne judgement.

There is only one Geat White Throne Judgement in my Bible and it is found in REV 20:11-15. It is the judgement of those dead not in Christ, the judgement of the damned, who will be judged... not by the gift of God through Christ, but by their own works, with an end in the lake of fire. What a tragedy!

The matter of forsaking sin and following righteousness is not the whim of isolated, narrow-minded preachers and teachers. It is God's own standard and His only standard for those who belong to Him. It is the very essence of the gospel and is set in bold contrast to the standards of the unredeemed. To emphasize God's feelings toward idolatry in needless, His Word is most emphatic on the subject. Yet there is a tendency among many who profess Christ to look upon idolatry as being peculiar only to those of the Old Testament dispensation, or to assign it to remote lands on the other side of the world. As consequence of this error Satan has established under the very nose, as it were, of Christianity a system and center of idolatry in every city in the so-called Christian world. That system of idolary is Freemasonry; its center, or meeting house in known as the " Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons!

Freemasonry is an open indictment against the Christian church, especially in America, because it has been so widely accepted among those who supposedly accept Jesus Christ as Lord. Yet, these same people turn from Him who is the Light of the World and seek more so-called light as they approach the Worshipful Master in the east, Freemasonry's representative for the rising sun.

Freemasonry is an indictment against the Christian Church because it depicts the Church's gross lack of spiritual insight and discernment. "He who is spiritual appraises all things." Paul said, (1st Cor. 2:15)nasb. Yet it is obvious that the Church has not made the slightest attempt to appraise Freemasonry's idolatrous system that it's true nature might be revealed. The Church largely has embraced Masonry as being no more than a social and ethical institution advocating high moral standards for its adherents. Many look upon Masonry as being synonymous with Christianity. Freemasonry is in no way synonymous with Christianity, neither is it moral or ethical.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rlvaughn:
    Terrilee,

(2) that many people never go beyond the Master Mason level and therefore never hear many of the worst parts of Masonry;
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a good point to remember when dealing with Masons. Most Masons are "good people" humanly speaking, and are oblivious to the inner workings of Freemasonry. So, let the light of Christ shine and if they get saved they will soon enough see the fallacies of Freemasonry.

I personally know a number of Masons (my father was one at one time) and my experience is that they see it as more of a club or diversion than a serious religious activity. I'm sure there are exceptions of course, and it is apparently a strangely evil and somewhat powerful force at the high levels to which the average Mason has no access.

By the way there are interesting ties between Freemasonry and Mormonism.

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Pennsylvania Jim ]

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In our course at a major ifb college where I taught on Major Cults, the Lodge is included and dealt with prominently.

In our course at the public university where I now teach on Comparative Religions, the Lodge is included as a separate, non-christian religion that is syncretic (taking some of many religions to form a new belief) in nature.

Even the unbelieving world sees through the sham that the Masons are "not" a religion. No Mason or Eastern Star member may join our church, nor will we have a wedding or funeral where Masonic rites will also be performed.

8. bustr

bustr New Member

Terrilee

Freemasonry has high standards for membership. A person can't just walk in off the street, talk a good line and be accepted. You don't need the kind of friends that reject your family. As for metaphysics... I am a freemason. Nothing metaphysical EVER goes on in the craft lodge. There is an appendant body that is open only to Christains and there may be others that are open only to Jews or Muslims. Religion and politics are not discussed in lodge meetings however. It should also be noted that there are many organizations calling themselves masons. The legitimate masonic lodges are those that are recognized by the Grand Lodge of England. Groups like the Le Droit Humane and some Grand Orient Lodges are not recognized and are considered bogus. Again, in masonry, there are no waking the dead rituals, sex rituals or Devil worship. The pentagram that you see in some lodges is the emblem of the Eastern Star and of course "Eastern Star" refers to the star that guided the Magi to Jesus' manger. The lessons in masonry come from the bible but theology and a path to salvation are not included in those lessons. The first thing a candidate learns is that masonry is not a path to salvation. This is clearly stated and the candidate is reminded of this several times. The funny terminology that a person might associate with masonry are nothing but harmless biblical terms that have been scrambled using various cyphers.

EX: Baphomet. Although this is not a masonic word I have seen the cypher that produces it. It was simply a name for God that Jews used so that the Romans didn't know what they were talking about.

Hope this helps.

9. bustr

bustr New Member

"(2) that many people never go beyond the Master Mason level and therefore never hear many of the worst parts of Masonry;"

3rd is the highest degree. There are appendant bodies with other degrees having higher numbers but the craft lodge is the most important and without the craft lodge the Shrine, Scottish Rite and Grotto do not exist. The 3 degrees of the craft lodge are all that is required to be a mason; Everything else is extracurricular.

10. bustr

bustr New Member

I also want to point out that there is no manifesto of masonry. The writings of Pike, Mackey and Duncan are their own thoughts. They are not used in the craft lodge. The KJV is the only book used in masonry. There is a monitor outlining parliamentary procedure however it is simply a reference book and only covers procedures.

11. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I was a boy with four other siblings, we lived in New Orleans in state housing for a few years. My step-father was in jail, my mother on welfare, no food stamps then.
    The Masons (Shriners) got wind of our destitution and came with food, clothes, and toys, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas. They made sure we had a good Christmas. They asked nothing in return.

Just thought I would throw that in.

HankD

[ August 18, 2001: Message edited by: HankD ]

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I would think that the fact the masons call on any God,use any religeous book, deny the right to pray in Jesus name, would be enough to presuade a christian to stay away.

13. soulwinner1611

soulwinner1611 New Member

The Baptists should not have rejected you like that.

The Masonic Lodge is deep into Satanism. Go to this site to see a lot of info.

All of the opinions on doctrines expressed on the following site are not all exactly that of my own. I do agree with all the info on the Masonic Lodge.

Freemasonry

Check out this site, also. It has a lot of info on the Masonic Lodge.

I agree with a lot of the opinions expressed on this site, and almost all of them expressed on the Masonic Lodge. But I still don't agree with everything they say on this website.

Cutting Edge Ministries - Freemason Corner

Oh, and the sites I have listed are written by people who have been on "THE INSIDE." So they aren't "clueless," as some people think.

And I don't know where some people get that "baphomet" deciphered is "Yeshua." I would like to see your reference of information on where you got that one.

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: soulwinner1611 ]

14. bustr

bustr New Member

If you want the truth about Freemasonry go to this site.
    www.masonicinfo.com

There is absolutely no Satanism in masonry. I'm a mason and I know. People on the outside are clueless. I don't care how many times they've read Duncan's ritual, Morals and Dogma or any other unofficial publications that are not used by masonic lodges in the first place.

15. bustr

bustr New Member

And another thing: I made a mistake in my earlier post. Baphomet is a word produced using an early CHRISTIAN cypher. When deciphered it reads "Yeshua".

16. bustr

bustr New Member

I just looked at that goofy site. Mormons weren't allowed in masonry unitl about 1984. Clinton is not a mason. Crowley was a Golden Dawn member not a mason. Rabin was not a mason. Beethoven-No. Gore-No. If they are this sloppy on this one page I can't wait to see what the rest of it looks like.

[ August 17, 2001: Message edited by: bustr ]

17. John Wells

John Wells New Member

bustr,

Would you care to refute any and all of my earlier post, including quotes from published Masonic writings?

Do you, as a Mason, take oaths? But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation. (James 5:12 KJV)

Do you participate in the Masonic prayer of worship? Joa:Bul:On, which stands for Jehovah, Baal and Osiris, Now the Mason who pronounces that name in the Masonic prayer of worship has just simply defiled the Holy name of God.

18. bustr

bustr New Member

I've taken oaths. Ths one that stands out the most was the one that I took on my wedding day. JahBulon (sp) does not refer to any pagan gods. I'm not sure of it's relevance, if any, to masonry. It certainly isn't a term I've heard in the craft lodge which is the inner circle of masonry. However, I have studied cyphers and can tell you that it doesn't represent a composite god. It is a word made up of 3 different languages and only refers to the one true god.

19. bustr

bustr New Member

BTW. The one true God goes by the name YHVH in the Hebrew language but translation and intentional scrambling on the part of early Christians yields a variety of cryptic names. This was done for safety reasons to keep the Roman authorities out of their business.

20. bustr

bustr New Member

"Would you care to refute any and all of my earlier post, including quotes from published Masonic writings?"

Like I've already said there is not a masonic manifesto. If a mason writes something it is his opinion. He does not speak for masonry. Even if the often mis-quoted and mis-interpreted Albert Pike held new age beliefs they were HIS beliefs. He had no authority to speak for masonry. There are no masonic "beliefs" other than:

The Fatherhood of God

The Brotherhood of Man

The Immortality of the Soul

Matters of faith and denominational specifics are personal and are not discussed in any craft lodge functions.