1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May have Been in A Cult

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by abigailann, Sep 28, 2006.

1. abigailann

abigailann New Member

Hello All!

I attend a Baptist Church, which I enjoy, however I havent quite decided what denomination yet? Im really looking for Godly advice. I hope you folks can be of help. But put your seatblets on---this story is bizarre!

In 2000, I was gloriously saved by Christ the King! I was healed from alcoholism and filled with Gods spirit for 3 months. But due to a variey of circumstances, failed to apply and obey the Bible in my life. I divorced, got hooked on pian meds and after years of fighting emotional problems, was diagnoised bi-polar and hospitalized for 3 years. I couldnt understand how my life could get worse after salvation, now I realize I was back-slidden.

A man from california ran a healing ministry. I assumed this was a typical casting out of demons type thing. I was misled. He offered to fly me out there ( 3000 miles from home and my son ) to help me. at my wits end, I agreed.

The first thing he did was have me repent, when I did I was filled again with the love of God! I was forgiven PTL! Then he cast out 3 demons. Also, they detoxed me off all drugs cold turky. ( this included pain meds and drugs for Bi-polar) I thought this was risky, but this man had so much faith in God, I agreed. I was up for 5 days, but after much prayer, I was supernaturally put to sleep. I think it was God, but i wonder now. These folks cliamed to be prophets. And the one guy heard from God 20 times a day. he appeared so IN TUNE with God. I was skeptical tho. Then the clincher---this ministry was not about demons, it was about multiple personalities which they claimed I had! I rebelled at this idea. Im 40, and have never been diagniosed as that. But God was so present I bought into it for a time.

One lady, whose grandmother was a witch had POWERS! She could read my mind, yet claimed it was a gift of the spirit! She did indeed have alter personalities and these were the ones that could see things. I was scared because she knew everything about me! *shiver*---They prohecied some good and bad things about me. Heres just some:

1) That she could see my dead dad in the spiritual realm and he was in BIG trouble with God! He was neither in Heaven or Hell, but was considered chosen but never bent his knee to Christ. They said I had the same heart and If i didnt bend my knee too--in their group, I would suffer the same eteranl fate.

2) That God wanted to rise me up into a big music ministry---if i stayed in that group.

3) That my son was an IDOL. And that if i took any medication again, God would not let me see him. I would cry that I missed him and they would say it was like abraham and issac, the rich young ruler or Jacobs wrestling. They said I must forsake ALL for CHrist, including my son or my salvation wasnt secure. They even said they were suprised that God didnot KILL my son for my back-sliding, as in the story of David!

4 ) That all mentall illness is demons and alter personalities.

5 ) Doctors, police are involved in the illuminatii and to be avoided. Medicines are worldly, lack of faith and bring in 7 spirits worse than the first.

6) If I left the group, I would be devoured by satan and chastised by God!

The list is endless.... but u get the gist.

Anyhow, they claimed up and down that I had alter personalities. And their theory was that each alter has demons attached. They said God wanted me there to GET FREE of demons and to unify all the alters. Each alter needed to say the sinners prayer or they would go to hell. SOund ODD? U better believe it. I have never been diagnoised with that disorder! I was scared to death of these people and their prohecies. Especially, the lady that read my mind. It was weird!

So anyhow, I left, but they planted so much in my head im messed up. Was this a cult? DId i do the right thing leaving? Is God so picky that a fragment of our personalities would go to hell? Im not sure these people were of ZGod now, yet, I FELT Gods mighty work there.

What do u think.

comment deeply appreciated!

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

you did very well to run away, and to run away quickly! There are so many red flags around this group that I dont know where to start, and wont even try to touch on them all.

but foremost in my mind is your comments that you "felt God" there, or that the man was so "in touch with God". Dont let feelings confuse you....remember what the Bible says about our heart? Our heart is deceitful and desperately wicked. So that "heart" that is telling you you "felt God" is a deceitful and wicked heart. Dont listen to it. Your feelings are not an accurate measure of where God is or is not.

And let me tell ya, just because a man says he heard from God 20 times a day, does not mean that he actually did hear from God at all! God talks to us through His Word.........be very wary of any person telling you that they are getting some kind of personal, new revelation or message from God. Especially when they claim that no one else has it and that you can only be really saved if you stay with them.

There are others here who can help you more effectively with the occultic issues I saw in all that.....but I will say no, God is NOT going to send little bits of your personality to hell. You are one person....you are not alternate personalities. This "split personality" disorder is not you ACTUALLY being alternate personalities....it is your mind MAKING UP alternate persons. Its a disorder, not a reality. Do you see the distinction Im trying to make? And whether you were diagnosed with it or not doesnt really matter, because this group has the wrong solution for it anyway. (btw, Im glad you were NOT diagnosed with it! :))

OH! theres so much more that could and should be said........but I think this is enough to chew on for now.......

3. Gofwd

Gofwd New Member

Matthew 7:15 / 20 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Plus

&
    Equel

Danger! Do not look back.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

You did right by leaving. Yes, this sounds like a cult.

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

The question is how are you now? You are off the meds, you ok? Do you have family near by? What are they saying about you? How about your son, is he ok?

I'm praying for the Lord to put his loving arms around you.... :praying:

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

You need to be involved with a good bible teaching church.

I will pray for you.

7. abigailann

abigailann New Member

The one thing I do know--is Gods Spirit. It wasnt a feeling as much as a---I dont know how to explain, when filled with the Holy Ghost you just KNOW! I dont want to debate---just clarify! :)

O, I am always leery of anyone that hears from God. I have heard maybe 3 things in 5 years from God. It is seldom that He talks to us. But this guy is a fanatic! I was desperate as these folks flew me out and were trying to help me, I was helped , thats whats trips me up. But yes, beware of people who HEAR God all day long!

Get this! I saw a part/alter of the womans dad suface up from Hell! Either she is an incrediable actress, or evil as all heck. It concerns me that they may have been satanists themselves. Should I expose them?

Heres two links regarding this controversial new CHRISTIAN ministry.

http://www.realdeliverance.com/mpd.shtml

http://www.psychoheresy-aware.org/mpd.html

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I agree with bapmom and the others.

This has all the earmarks of not only a cult but a cult using occult methods and claiming they are Christian and probably believing it. This is not as unusual as people may believe. They sound very dangerous, and praise God that you got out of there!

A believer cannot be possessed, so no one cast any demons out of you. That woman could not read your mind nor could she see your dead father (and no one is in between heaven and hell). These are occult things. She probably got any accurate info on you by coincidence, from knowing your situation, or from demons.

It would be a good idea to have some time to get your head straight and realize that what you were fed by these people were lies. You need to take it slowly -- find a good church and have people pray for you. Read God's word and trust Him to heal you over time from the effects of this group.

I would say get some counseling, but very people understand how to counsel someone who has been in a cult. So maybe you could just find a good pastor who could be morally and biblically supportive, and pray with you.

You need to keep telling yourself that what you heard from this group were lies.

Personally, I'd like to know the name of this group or its leader. I have friends in cult awareness ministries. If you don't want to post it here, just PM me.

#8 Marcia, Sep 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2006
  9. abigailann

abigailann New Member

I thought of this scripture too, but they seemed Godly! That woman that was a seer---she could make a million dollars doing what she did. Im so confused. I just hope God understands.

10. abigailann

abigailann New Member

O, yes, I was being controlled and traumatized. Thx for your post!

11. abigailann

abigailann New Member

I have good days and bad. I did go to a doctor and got meds for my illness. My family simply doesnt understand, none are Christians. ---they say put it behind you, as tho spiritual abuse is all that easy to shake off. I am in counseling and it may be a long, slow process. My son is fine! We have spent wonderful times together since my return.

PLz do pray, its hard for me to read scripture because I always see Gods wrath NOW!

Thx :)

12. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Read 2 Cor 11:13-14
    That woman was not a seer from God! You can get info from demons and do that stuff. That's how some psychics, mediums and astrologers operate (I used to be an astrologer and had psychic "powers") though they don't believe in demons. False teachers operate the same way if they display such "powers."

I am sure God understands. You need to realize if you are a believer that we are forgiven of all our sins in Christ. Jesus paid for all of them on the cross. You were deceived at a vulnerable time. Don't let these people ruin your faith or life.

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

abigail,

that woman that was a "seer" did nothing but tell you things she made up. If she truly believed she saw those things than it was a devil showin' her, because it was NOT God.

God does not talk to us outside of His Word. God might lead us with impressions, and most certainly will bring Scripture to mind when we need it........but He does not add to His revelation. Please bear this in mind.

Marcia is most likely the most qualified person around here to really help you. Please listen to her as she knows what she's talking about.

14. abigailann

abigailann New Member

Well my new landlady is a Christian PTL! And she has a Church shed like me to go check out. Thusfar, the Baptist church has been my favorite! Sound teaching and loving atmosphere. But remeber, my trust has been deeply shaken in so called Godly people.

Thx for you prayers, plz do lift me and my son up to Him.

:)

15. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Abigail, please read my 2 previous posts - the one on the previous page and the one on this page.

I'd like to know the name of the group or leader to pass it on to people I know who deal with cults. You can PM me if you don't want to post the name here.

16. abigailann

abigailann New Member

I understand that there is a lot of debate regarding this--- a born-again with demons. Than can you explain what forces, because I felt these force, being pulled out of me???

I may have bi-polar, but I am not one with a vivid imagination. She knew things only I KNEW!!! SO I assume this was demonic? That scares me soooo bad! These people need to be exposed! Can they harm me from afar?

Ive been reaching out to everyone and their brother. Also, praise God, I have found counsleing. But its along time in healing. The effects are devestating. I was even suicidal at times. Im so angry at these people!! Either they were Christian extremists or evil.

This is where it gets hard! I want to say lies lies lies, but I get confused because they SEEMED so GODLY!!! In the morning the first thing I say is," Jesus, help me, it was a cult right, God?"

They are a tiny group In CA. The PM is on the way. Thx sooooo much!

17. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

There's no debate if you look at the Bible. I've had people challenge me on this and so far they have not been able to show that believers can be possessed. They try to change the definition of possessed to do it or they misuse scripture. Demons do not dwell with the HS.

You may have felt something because you thought you were possessed or that they were pulling demons out of you. That would not be unusual.

This is how psychics and others do it. It's not hard for demons to know things about us. After all, they're around and don't have much else to do. :smilewinkgrin:

Don't be scared -- they cannot harm you from afar!!!

They could be Christians who are deceived or they could not be Christians but think they are. The effects you describe are very typical of someone who has been in a cult or spiritual abusive group. Hang in there and keep leaning on the Lord. He will get you through it. He will help you deal with the anger and hurt as well.

Keep in mind the 2 Cor. 11 passage I posted. That is what Christian cults are like - they seem godly but are not of God. That is the whole point of deception by Satan masquerading as an angel of light. This is how Satan operates many times.

Thank you, Abigail! :wavey:

18. Soulman

Soulman New Member

abigailann,
    A believer canot be posessed but can be harassed and influencedby demonic forces. This could surley happen when involved with a cult because God's spirit is not there.

You said that you literally heard God speak to you about three times. God does not speak to us verbally any longer. We have His final Word to mankind in the bible.

The woman seer possibly could read your future in a limited way. Satan will tell you things to get hold of you and get you to think he is god.

I would suggest that you go to a good Independant Fundamental Baptist church and get some counciling. Read your bible and get into study groups. If you are seeking God's direction, get into His word.

Baptists are people of the word. I think if you are seeking God's will for your life, this is your best bet.