1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayor Pete grooms a 9 yr old on stage, for votes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wingman68, Feb 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evenifigoalone

evenifigoalone Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same "claims" come from our brothers and sisters who believe that practicing homosexuality is a sin, but grew up experiencing same sex attraction. I have seen their testimonies

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fixed it for you. See above

3. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, that's your perogative. I would recommend learning about SSA from actual Christians who live with it. (And not just the ones that completely follow your narrative--you will find some that have varying opinions that may more line up with yours, particularly from side X. Don't listen only to them, listen to the ones that don't fit your narrative as well.) You will find that many Christians who live with SSA grew up in church and began to discover that their sexuality didn't line up with their theology around puberty

• Like Like x 1
  4. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible teaches me all I need to know about “same sex attraction”.

I often wonder, if there was only one man and one woman on earth from their creation, would one of them turn out gay?

Going off the “homosexual is normal” propaganda being peddled from the state and media today, one would think they both would have been born gay. Like 98% of Americans are homosexual right?...

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible doesn't say to brush your teeth, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. Just because it isn't in the Bible doesn't mean we can't learn from it. We need to be kind to our brothers and sisters who deal with SSA, that should include being willing to listen to them

• Like Like x 1
  6. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The problem here is not about puberty, but about what is happening much earlier. The boy on stage was only 9 years old. Children do not come up with this perverted nonsense on their own. They are being influenced, seduced, and bombarded by those older than themselves, through photos, magazines, comics, cartoons, movies, videos, Internet, TV, classrooms, the list is endless but also includes peers who have been perverted by these things.

For parents or Mayor Pete or any other adult to suggest these little children are mature enough to even know what is going on is outrageous. To do so publicly as a Christian and even encourage them in choosing a dark path is blasphemous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    What then do we do with the testimonies of same sex attracted Christians who dealt with their issue before homosexual acceptance was at all widespread?
    Also, puberty starts as young as 8.

• Like Like x 1
  8. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t plan to get explicit here, but the influence, seduction, and indoctrination begins very early for some. There may be some testimonies of people that deny they ever had any influence outside their own little minds, but without being able to investigage their claims thoroughly, I would remain extremely skeptical.

However, the point is not about them but about what society is doing to the children. This is the issue, and a millstone around the neck would be better for those too tempted to cause the little ones to sin.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Guess we're at an impasse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    No the Bible doesn’t say brush your teeth but it surely does tell us not to lay with our own kind.

I’m all for being kind to people and extending a helping hand. But I’m not going to play make believe here and say people are gay by design. That would be an insult to the most High.

11. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    God didn't make me diabetic, or with an anxiety disorder, or OCD, or with a lazy eye, or with a genetic inclination towards high cholesterol and heart disease, but here we are. These things, including SSA, are a result of the fall.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I do agree they are all a result of our gen 3 world. But your health issues and lust issues don’t fall in the same category. You were born with the risk of heart disease, someone introduced you to the homosexual sin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disagree. Also, don't deal with lust. Am asexual.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just for clarity you believe people are born with a sexual attraction other than one towards the opposite gender as a health trait inherited from their parents genes?

15. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably. I mean, straight attraction surely is, otherwise how would our method of reproduction be passed on.
    Plus, with asexual people, a lot of them have told me that one of their parents also resonated with asexuality. (Asexual people can still reproduce, and many still experience romantic attraction. They just have no desire for sexual activity....but often are partnered with people who do.)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Humpty Dumpty

Faith:
    Baptist
    Attraction to the opposite gender is how we were designed by God. I don’t believe that is a health related issue. I don’t know much about the folks how don’t want to enjoy their spouse.

17. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interestingly, Nate Collins (the founder of the Revoice conference for individuals with same sex attraction) tweeted this today

(By uni-heterosexuality, he means we were originally created to only be attracted to our spouses and no one else)
    Not sure if I agree with him 100% (I don't know that asexuality is a result of the fall), but thought it an interesting tweet[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. evenifigoalone

Faith:
    Baptist
    I also liked this reply[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So have many of those who Biblically teach that homosexuality is a sin.
    Many people have (at various times) experienced some homosexual attraction.
    They still know that it is a sin.
    My cousin struggled with it. He knew full well the depravity of his attractions, and he fought to overcome them.

20. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Yup...heard it all.
    Guess what?

I was born a sexual deviant.

I was raised in a Bible-believing church and went to a Bible-believing Baptist school for most of my life.
    They taught me that all sex outside of the Biblical bonds of marriage was sinful.
    I struggled with this because I was born with "different sex attraction".
    As a pubescent young man, God Almighty created me in such a way that I was naturally sexually attracted to any and every semi-nubile female I came into contact with.

They might be married, they might not....
    I might be married to them, or I wasn't...
    I was BORN...BORN overwhelmingly attracted to them.

I failed Pre-Algebra and Albebra I in High School, because I was overwhelmingly pre-interested at staring at my teacher in a lascivious manner. (I take no pride in this, and she was not immodest or anything but perfectly professional.). I was just young, pubescent and perverse....also lazy and didn't care for math anyway.

Those were deviant and wicked sexual desires.

EVERY HUMAN BEING from the fall onwards and time immemorial has had desires that do not line up with Scripture.

We must learn to master them.
    We must (by God's grace) gain victory over such perverse lusts...
    And we must accept God's perfect plan to rescue us from perverse lusts, the institution of marriage.
    Homosexuals aren't the only persons with overwhelming lusts to deal with......EVERYONE has them.
    God has sanctified Biblical marriage as the solution for it.
    Everyone struggles with wrong desires...
    You simply want homosexuals to be immune to learning self-control

Not to put anyone out there.....but probably every Godly adult man on this site can testify that they had difficulties when they were young men. You can't POSSIBLY imagine the perverse drives of the average 16-year-old male....they are overwhelmingly powerful.
    Also, their natural drives are un-Biblical, deviant, and wrong, and they must master them by God's grace.
    I thank God that I now can "take delight in the wife of my youth" and I am rarely tempted in even the slightest way towards women who are not my beautiful wife.
    But, I absolutely remember how deviant I was as a teenage boy.
    God made me that way. and that was Never an excuse.

#40 HeirofSalvation, Feb 26, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.