1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayor vs City council

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The mayor has recently drafted a policy about internet/computer use. She has directed that all city employees must sign a consent form to use city computers. Part of the policy is that the mayors office will have privy to the contents on the computer.

The city council had informed the mayor - that they are NOT city employees, and therefore do not come under the policies of the mayor.
    In addition the council says this is a violation of the separation of powers. Six of the 9 councilors have refused to sign the consent and are currently unable to access the city system.

Open for disucssion

2. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

You mean to tell me that there's a governmental chief executive who thinks that they ought to impose on the rights of the duly elected representatives of the people in spite of there being a separation of powers that forbids the head of the executive branch from doing so??

Oh, wait a minute....you're talking about a city mayor trying to pull off an obvious violation of that city's governing document.

Had me fooled, there.....I thought you were referring to a Federal-level chief executive.

Of course, WE ALL KNOW that no Federal-level chief executive WOULD EVER THINK to even try to do something as obviously unconstitutional as that!!

Or would he? H'mmm.