1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"McCain? Obama? These are my choices?"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Voting for the lesser of two evils is still evil"

Very true.:thumbs:

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Prepare for incoming - there are those who will question your sense, intelligence, reasoning, and even your salvation for posting this.

I wish I could find the John Quincy Adams quote on voting your conscience that I saw here the other day.

If you promote doing what is right, not what is convenient, you are going to be attacked.

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

You are asking for it :)

Wait till daylight over there - the wolves will be unleashed.

Here is an example of the logic you are going to hear -
    'A vote for Paul/Baldwin/whoever is a vote for Obama and hence a vote to kill babies. If you vote third party you are a baby killer'

Be ready Rev :)

#5 NaasPreacher (C4K), Sep 26, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  7. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What they fail to recognize is a vote for either McCain or Obama is a vote to send money to the UN which supports abortion around the world financially. In the end they just have a lack of facts.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

#8 Revmitchell, Sep 26, 2008
  9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Education of Young Americans
    "If I were President, I would disband the Department of Education."

--Chuck Baldwin

Does anybody really believe that, despite the billions of dollars spent, that the "education system" is not deteriorating at a rapid pace in the United States? Maybe it's time to get back to the basics, including following the Constitution of these United States.

Since the Constitution grants the Federal Government no authority over Education, the 10th Amendment applies, which sets forth:
    "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Because the federal government has absolutely no jurisdiction concerning the education of our children, the United States Department of Education will be abolished under a Chuck Baldwin Administration, and I will work to have all federal legislation related to education repealed. I oppose enactment of any federal laws subsidizing or regulating the education of children. Under no circumstances should the federal government be involved in national teacher certification, educational curricula, textbook selection, learning standards, comprehensive sex education, psychological and psychiatric research testing programs, and personnel. Because control over education is now being relegated to departments other than the Department of Education, it should likewise be made clear that no federal agency, department, board, or other entity may properly exercise jurisdiction over any aspect of children's upbringing.

I wholeheartedly support the unimpeded right of parents to provide for the education of their children in the manner they deem best, including homeschooling or private or religious instruction. My Administration will oppose any and all federal legislation that would interfere with or restrict that liberty.

I support equitable tax relief for families whose children do not attend government schools. "Education" will only start to improve in this country when control of the education of our children is returned to the states, the local communities and, most importantly, to the parents.

http://baldwin08.com/Issue-The_Education_of_Young_Americans.cfm

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Thank you :)

11. Reformer

Reformer New Member

Here it is.

EDIT: Revmitchell, I just saw where you already posted it, I should have read further.

#11 Reformer, Sep 26, 2008
  12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would just add that you cannot say a vote for Obama is a vote for abortion and then vote for McCain. Since he supports sending funds tot he UN a vote for McCain is the same as a vote for Obama with regards to abortion.

13. NaasPreacher (C4K)

That makes far too much sense for this crowd. Be prepared to be called a baby-killer if you decide to vote third party.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of Evil is for good men to vote for the “lesser of two evils”

-- Edmund Burke, paraphrased by Daniel New

15. Reformer

Reformer New Member

This is what I don't understand, a third party man, like Chuck Baldwin, can be MUCH more pro-life than McCain ever has been or will be. Not to mention the Obama folks say "voting for a third party is voting for McCain" Have people never thought what you are voting for is the morality/qualification of the person you cast your vote for? I mean ain't that the idea?

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It should be the idea. But voting for the lesser of two evils has become the standard that is destroying this country. I will not take part in that any longer.

17. Reformer

Reformer New Member

I'm with you:thumbs:

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I must not be part of the crowd because I agree 100% with you Rev. Each of us must vote our conscious and be willing to stand behind our vote. In the end, you are the one who must live with your decision.

19. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

And in the case of Obama millions of children will not be able to live with it.

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Don't understand your reasoning. True that a vote for Nader was a vote for Bush. He obviously cost Gore the 2000 election. But in this case a vote for Baldwin is a vote FOR Obama. You have to look at the candidate the third party voter would most likely vote for if they didn't vote for the third party.