1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

McKissic sermon restored to SWBTS website

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by rlvaughn, Nov 1, 2018.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    McKissic sermon restored to SWBTS website

2. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Earlier this year, Southern Baptist Dwight McKissic of Texas received the William Seymour Award from the Azusa Historical Society. The award is named for the leader of the 1906 Asusa Street Los Angeles Pentecostal Revival. Previous honorees include the late Myles Munroe and T.D. Jakes:

Southern Baptist Pastor Wins the Seymour Award

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like a little altered state myself. (rolls eyes)

I have Pentecostal roots, and in my some 30 years of seriously considering the question, I have found the following reasons for the desire to employ the unbiblical "prayer language."

Untaught, yet humble believers: It gives them assurance of the indwelling of the Holy Ghost.
    The untaught proud: It makes them look spiritual to untaught yet humble believers.
    The knowing proud: It's easy to fake and Pentecostal babes dig it. (Give me a Pentecostal date over a Baptist one any day. :Whistling )
    Women: They tend to seek emotional validation, and there is a high associated with ecstatic utterances.
    Men: Babes.

#3 Aaron, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1