1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Me toooooooooo?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Republicans had legitimate reason to stall. They straight up said what they were doing. They did not lie about it like these weasels.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the case of the Clintons, the old crimes have been investigated, such as the Rose Law Firm and Vince Foster, etc. But the sale of the uranium to Russia and the purchase of the Steele Dossier used for the FISA warrants have not been investigated. Actually, I don't think that Hillary should be put in prison but I do think that she is guilty of federal crimes.

In the case of the high school woman, she would have been investigated six times in that the FBI, a corrupt organization, never found any information about her. So, no, I am not one of your witnesses because I only think that the Clintons should be investigated for things that Hillary did as Secretary of State but I don't think that she should go to prison if she shuts up and retires.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I asked you specific questions related to facts and you try to make this about me and claim it is spin.

The color of my shirt today is purple. Is that a left-leaning or a right-leaning fact? Please explain how bias enters into that fact.

4. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, no. They claimed it was about the pending election, not denying Obama a Supreme Court pick.

Then there were all sorts of false historical references that allegedly backed up their position that they had to keep revising because the facts were not on their side.

You allege that they are lying. If so, why didn't this stuff come up with Gorsuch?

Have you considered that more than one thing could be true, that Democrats are trying to preserve the balance on the Supreme Court AND Kavanaugh is a morally-compromised candidate? I happen to think that both are true.

5. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That allegation doesn't even make sense. Fox News looks at Uranium One Allegation.

I don't think anyone has even denied that Democrats provided part of the funding for the investigation that led to Steele's raw intelligence data, aka "the Steele Dossier"(sic). Republicans also partially funded it.

What in the world are you talking about? Do you have evidence that Ms. Ford has been investigated six times?

Are you confusing that with Kavanaugh going through a background check six times?

If so, someone recently made a really good point about background checks. He said, "I don't care whose background check they have passed. Passing a proper background check simply means the person has not been caught YET."

There should have been a reopening of the background check.

6. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting that you chose the color purple, a nice mix of blue & red, as that is probably how you view yourself, but you need a new mirror. Your shirt is blue, in my view, everyday. I don’t need any facts. It’s my view.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like purple. Moreover, I live down the street from TCU, whose colors are purple, silver and white. Lots of purple in town and quite a bit in my wardrobe. My wife also likes the color on me.

You are a terrible psychoanalyst.

I'm not purple, I find my identity in Christ. Because Jesus has set Himself as embodying truth, I am called to pursue truth at all costs if I am to be a faithful disciple. That means that all political affiliations, among many other things, have to be subject to Christ and the relentless pursuit of reality (aka truth) in the Kingdom of God.

My mirrors are fine.

Then you are simply blind, possibly self-blinded. I have shirts of many different colors, but the one I am wearing today is purple. Everyone who is not visually deficient can discern that fact.

That's the motto of nihilist. It is the opposite of a Christian worldview. It is specifically antichrist.

When Jesus says He is "the way, the truth and the life," what would have to deny Him, according to your stated philosophy.

Do you deny Jesus as well or do you just deny everything you don't like to like in your own delusion?

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree with you totally about the Clintons since she became Secretary of State so save your keyboard.

9. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As per your MO, you always attack someone’s religion, when the discussion was about politics. Blue, red, & purple. It’s not difficult.
    I’ve been witness to your tactics before. Claiming the higher ground doesn’t give one ownership to it. I am a terrible psychoanalyst, & delusional, & a nihilist, but you, with your profusion of babble, are still blue, in my view. Leave it. We’re done.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no reason for an FBI investigation except to delay, delay, delay. The only reason anyone wants and FBI investigation is to delay the confirmation. There is nothing to justify an investigation. There is nothing more than an accusation with not a single shred of corroborating evidence. Joe Biden told Clearance Thomas that the results of the investigation during his confirmation process would not help him because no conclusions are ever drawn by the FBI.

At this point only political hacks want investigations and support Ford. To quote Senator Lindsey Graham:

“What you want to do is destroy this guy’s life, hold this seat open, and hope you win in 2020,” Graham said to Senate Judiciary Democrats. “You’ve said that. Not me. You’ve got nothing to apologize for. When you see Sotomayor and Kagan, tell them that Lindsey said ‘hello’ because I voted for them. I would never do to them what you’ve done to this guy.” ...“This is the most unethical sham since I’ve been in politics,”

#90 Revmitchell, Sep 27, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Each time someone asked Kavanaugh if he would call for an FBI investigation, he should have come back with "Will you go on the record, If the FBI does an investigation and finds no new evidence supporting this accusation will you vote for me?"

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it was about whether there is objective truth. You quote the nihilist mantra, "I don’t need any facts." You filter reality through your political desires and deny that there is any objective truth.

No it's not. Yesterday, I was wearing a purple shirt. That's a fact. You wanted to make it a political statement and declared it to be blue in a flagrant rejection of reality, based on your opinion. That is delusional. That is nihilism. It is antichrist.

I claim that objective truth exists, regardless of how anyone feels about it. Poison is still poison, whether you believe the label on the bottle or not. Gravity will pull you to your death if you leap off of a tall building, even if you have convinced yourself that you can fly.

Is that "higher ground?" Not really. It is simply reality.

And you persist in the delusion...

13. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The American Bar Association disagrees with you.

Then why is Mark Judge in hiding instead of being called to testify, since he is alleged to be a witness?

The FBI investigation is to compile facts and testimony -- the corroborating evidence, or not, that you lament that we don't have.

You can't ethically have it both ways. You can't complain that there is no evidence while refusing to follow up on testimony. You are either interested in facts or you aren't.

It is clear you are not interested in facts, you just want what you want.

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If the democrats could know for sure Kavanaugh never committed any sexual crimes would they vote for him?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps. But there are other issues of concern, like his unusual views of the powers of the Executive Branch over other branches of government, and unethical conduct involving the theft of information from Senate Judiciary Committee server the during the George W. Bush administration -- there are incriminating e-mails that appear to show he lied when questioned about it.

There are better, pro-life justices out there without all of this dirty laundry. President Trump should nominate one of them.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, because the Democrats are hoping to continue their domination of the US through the courts. I think that they had a million pages of documents. Then Feinstein holds an accusation for two months that was void for lack of details. Actually, Kavanaugh is one of the leading judicial minds in the US. The Dems miscalculated when they made the charges that they did. They lost the election. Under Obama, Democrats lost one thousand elected offices total on all levels of government. Their leader Hillary Clinton has no plans, no programs, and no good intentions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kavanauh doesnt have any dirty laundry. Its a flat out lie. Not a single acusation has been coraberated. He is presumed inno ent til proven guilty

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who released Ford's letter against her wishes? Why doesn't Ford remember how she got to this alleged party? Why are all horse thieves Democrats? Why was the lying Blumenthal allowed to ask questions? Will Ford fly to Dubai for a luxury vacation now?

19. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Really? You honestly believe this?

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So you believe accusations are "dirty laundry"? And you will also naively believe there is a constitutional conservative justice out there that Trump could put forward which will not have a woman, or man, come forward with an accusation of a crime.

This call for an FBI investigation could be settled quickly. Just make a deal with the democrats, agree to the FBI investigation and if the FBI finds nothing, the democrats in the committee will agree to vote yes to send Kavanaugh to the floor for a vote. This will prove the motives of the democrats, whether their motives are good as they claim, or evil and just want another delay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.