1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Medical Experts Riled as Doctors Try to Censor Their Patients

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doctors across the country are forcing their patients to sign waivers giving up their right to post comments and reviews about them online, a move experts say is unethical and should be prohibited.

Consumer-oriented Web sites like RateMDs and Vitals.com give Web users a chance to recommend and review physicians and hospitals nationwide. But some doctors now are telling their patients to censor themselves — or find another physician.

More Here

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

If a doctor pulled that stunt with me, the visit is over right then, and for poetic justice...I go tell the world about him on the very sites he wants me to avoid.

Man, has that profession gone downhill in the last couple of decades. There's still lots of good doctors, but the creeps are multiplying like bunnies.

3. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go to a doctor that said this, but it is their right to do so. They can choose to carry on a business relationship with whoever they choose. If one of the doctor's requirements of that relationship is that you don't post reviews of him/her, and you don't like that, then don't go to that doctor.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Total agreement here!

Any MD that has that as a requirement would just make me want to dig into his past patient history and find out what he is trying to avoid being found out.

Course the MD I regularly go to now is so great that I would never post anything but kudos to him.

He's the kind that makes me want to shed a few pounds (recommended by him) before the next visit simply because I don't want to disappoint him, more than the benefits I get from the loss.