1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Meet the Pastor Running as a Progressive Republican to Get Big Money Out of Politics

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Brent W, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Israel was never part of the balance. They have sense. They behave, they don't start wars, they simply try to survive.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To sell weapons to all (with money & influence) ....same as we are doing now.

3. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. To keep thearab powers weak by encouraging them to kill each other. Are you up on the history of the Iran-Iraq war? It is the most blatant example of destabilizing both nations by creating a technological balance that greatly prolonged the war.

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the while they are trying to exterminate every Palestinian. And dont tell me no cause I work for Israeli....I hear their conversations........actually I have conversed with them on it a few times. They are not innocent nor would they say they are. And that causes conflict throughout the Muslim world.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I view a far right wing Republican as someone who supports Laissez-faire capitalism, anti-immigration, nationalist and who uses their religion, whatever denomination it may be, to heavily influence voters. Essentially those that are opposite of far left liberal side of politics who tend to be opposite of everything I listed above. Typically I don't view these as true conservatives as they use the Federal Government to push their agenda on states.

A few examples: Mo Brooks, Roy Moore, Ted Cruz, Mike Huckabee, Sara Palin... I could go on.

Take someone like Rand Paul and I view him as a libertarian in the majority of his views and would not classify him as far right. I see him as someone who respects state rights, values civil liberties and would respect the power of the Federal Government.

6. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be trying to exterminate that bunch of terrorists also. Anybody in their right mind would want to eliminate that terrorist state. You will find no sympathy from me for those murderous thugs.

7. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Suni vs Shi'a thing goes back millennia. nothing ever going to change there. Add the Kurd's into the mix (for good measure)

8. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Add arms parity into the mix for good measure.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The original name of the place was Palestine, before that Canaan. The Jews have always taken others land by force & in most cases extermination. The only thugs I see is Israel.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who did God give the land to? The original name of the land is a bogus argument. The people who are now called Palestinians received that name in recent history. They have no legitimate claim to the land. Their legitimate claim is to Jordan, and that is questionable.

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good.......they could then kill each other. As long as there is no blood splatter on us.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The lord givith & the lord can takeith away

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    chapter and verse where God took it back???

14. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmmmm. I wonder how I measure up to your definition.

I believe in Capitalism as the best of several flawed economic systems. And I am against the initiation of force, and the socialization of the industrial base. Doesn't that make me a Laissez-faire Capitalist?

I am the son of an immigrant who came here in 1924. But I oppose illegal immigration. Do you make a distinction between the two?

I love my country. I served it both in time of war and in time of peace. I am a disabled vet with a service connected, compensatable disability. And would gladly take up arms again to defend our country against all enemies both foreign and domestic. That makes me a nationalist without being a jingoist, does it not?

I am not convinced my faith would influence anyone's politics. Except mine, of course. :)

Not only respects, but demands a return to the full meaning and application of the 10th amendment.

Maximum liberty under law. Which includes the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th amendments being absolute. (The 3rd is probably a bit outdated but I would still demand it remain just in case. I am not aware of any decisions since Engblom v. Carey in 1982/1983.)

Only in those areas it is authorized by the Constitution to involve itself. Foreign affairs. Military (no standing military but federal coordination of State controlled National Guard units) (with the possible exception of a navy and coast guard as both would be very difficult to build and maintain in land-locked states). A (limited) federal judiciary. Homeland Security (limited). Treasury. And Veterans Affairs. Do away with the rest. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I'm on my phone now but will happily respond when I get back home. I don't view you as far right from what I have read of your posts on here.

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Six Hour Warning

This thread will be closed sometime after 1 AM Pacific.

17. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When you break it all down, as TC has done, the term "far right wing" isn't extreme, it's just right. That is, it's just a common sense understanding of the Constitution and its Amendments.

What is really extreme is the mainstream DNC and MSM. Cursing, violence, disruption of the Union is their goal. In their view the Constitution is just an antiquated, irrelevant document that they give a token head-nod to, but would really like it to vanish.

18. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Marks of immaturity frequent your posts.

19. Brent W

Brent W Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I disagree completely. Far right wing politics is agenda based solely to compete against far left liberals. The same few people on here who scream up and down about left wing liberals do so because their agenda exists only to stop that extreme part of the left side of the political spectrum. They openly admit to it and will even go so far as to defend a President like Trump just because he isn't a liberal.

I'll open a new thread tomorrow with my response to @TCassidy since this one will be closed shortly.

20. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's slated to close at 1 AM Pacific\4 AM Eastern. I'll be asleep at that time. As a matter of practicality, it's more likely to close around 9 AM Pacific\12 PM Eastern.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.