1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Meg McLain Singled out by the TSA, Cuffed to a Chair, Her Ticket Ripped up

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Nov 10, 2010.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is apparently inconclusive. There is no audio and apparently from what I have seen commented on the second video on the page shows more of what happened but it is from so far away, and with no audio, that it is hard to see.

I have read some comments on the Internet trashing this young woman based on this video and some comments saying that the second video confirms her story.

Meg was hopefully on Free Talk Live tonight. They had her on briefly but she was in a moving car and lost her cell connection. I have been listening to the replay of the show at www.freetalklive.com but I haven't gotten very far past the lost cell connection. They are going to ask her about the TSA videos. I can download the podcast on my iPhone this weekend if I don't hear it on the online replay.

Regardless, these whole body scanners are a horrible idea and, clearly, groping passengers is a horrible idea.

If I ever have to fly commercially again I can see myself possibly ending up in jail if these rules remain in place(or even get worse). I upset the folks at the scanners the last time I flew commercially about three years ago because I failed to remove my laptop from its bag.

TSA agents need to get over themselves.

#21 KenH, Nov 11, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2010
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. targus

targus New Member

4. targus

targus New Member

I finally wasted twenty minutes of my time to watch the videos.

You will be getting a bill in the mail.

They show NOTHING to support this woman's claim - other than she didn't want to go through the scanner.

Her story starts out with a lie that is painfully obvious - she claims that she alone was signaled out to go through the scanner because she is a young attractive woman.

But the tape shows person after person going through the same scanner while she sits in the chair for ten minutes - young people, older people, men, women, skinny people and fat people.

This may be unfair - but if someone starts their story with a big fat lie - I just don't believe the whole thing.

She also claimed that she was immediately set upon by a swarm of security.

That didn't happen either. Yes, some security people walked over within a few feet/yards of the situation - but not like she described it.

5. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Why doesn't your admitted lunacy surprise me?

6. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

One thing to point out: People do realize that it is not a constitutional right to fly, right? If you don't want to follow the rules for getting on a plane, find another way to your destination.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is no "right to fly" just as there is no "right to hunt or fish". However, the TSA is a federal government agency and the U.S. constitution limits the powers of the federal government. The TSA is blatantly violating the fourth amendment with the full body scanners and the frisking methods.

8. targus

targus New Member

Do you feel the same way about security at places like court houses and other government buildings?

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Ken on this one.

Is this what I'm currently wearing a uniform for? So that I can be treated like I was walking into a prison every time I go through an airport?

In fact, I intend to opt out the next time I fly; pull out my active duty military ID, and--just as they loudly proclaim an "opt out"--loudly proclaim my over 20 years of service with assignments in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Seriously, my fellow conservatives -- is this what we intend for our country? We preach limited government...but then argue with the libertarians when they point out that government is intruding and violating?

I haven't watched this woman's video; don't care to. There's too many other complaints and stories going around. Whether her story is fictional or not doesn't matter; there's enough other evidence to prove this is a situation that needs to be addressed.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I'm a conservative, but I really have no problem with TSA. Of course there will always be bad apples, they are in the military, too. The entire basis for this OP was this woman's fictitious story and how the TSA during THIS instance was out of line. That simply is not true.

What is the alternative...allowing another 9/11? If me having to go through a pat down or an xray machine will keep this country safer for my children, I'll do it (besides, I'm almost down to my high school weight LOL)

11. billwald

billwald New Member

12. rbell

rbell Active Member

Things that would help:

When a TSA agent proves themself to be a jerk, rude, abusive, perverted, etc., a quick and public firing would help immensely.

A publicly posted method for fliers to appeal when they are mistreated. Furthermore, entities outside the TSA would be notified when there are complaints (do we really expect TSA to treat complaints honestly? After all, this agency is headed up by one of the most dishonest "women" in the country--Janet Napolitano).

Without revealing information that would assist our enemies, the TSA needs to quit stonewalling all attempts at transparency as to their operations, particularly when it comes to dealing with their abysmal record on public service. Keep in mind--these guys have failed multiple times when tested on catching contraband coming onto planes. In addition, they have a horrible record with regard to background checks for their own employees. Let's shine some light on these folks...and let's see them quit objecting to it!

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It was crated? Then how did it get out?

It's genetic, is it?

14. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If TSA were not a government entity, I'd agree with you; but the government and its agents are prevented from unreasonable search and seizure.

Is it reasonable to pat down children? Or women in wheelchairs?

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759 US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)

16. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your service, Don. May God bless you.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    After listening to Meg McLain answer questions: The close up video that the TSA released does not cover the entire incident involving Meg McLain. When she is taken off camera is when the handcuffing took place. Either that area is not on camera(which would not be good) or else the TSA has not released that video(which would not be good). And why is there no time stamp on these videos? Incompetence or hiding of evidence by the federal government?

There is simply no way based on this incident and others that have been reported nationwide to justify the TSA's actions toward airline passengers. Any limited government advocate should side against this encroachment of the 4th amendment by the federal government.

Here is the entire interview about the questions raised last night on Free Talk Live:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPQJYxLlZn4

#37 KenH, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  18. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pilots and passengers rail at new airport patdowns

"Executives from the travel industry, including online travel sites, theme parks and hotels, were set to meet Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Pistole on Friday to discuss their concerns that security is crimping travel.

"We have received hundreds of e-mails and phone calls from travelers vowing to stop flying," said Geoff Freeman, an executive vice president of the U.S. Travel Association, which set up the meeting with the Obama administration officials.

"You can't talk on the one hand about creating jobs in this country and getting this economy back on track and on the other hand discourage millions of Americans from flying, which is the gateway to commerce," he said.

Privacy groups have challenged the new body scanners in court, saying they are a violation of privacy and illegal. Lawmakers plan to hold hearings on aviation security next week when they return to Washington.

Some travelers are also livid about how children are being screened. During a trip last Sunday by a father and son through Orlando airport in Florida, the 8-year-old boy was selected for extra screening by TSA after going through the metal detector."

- rest at www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AA55S20101111

19. targus

targus New Member

KenH, it looks like you are about to jump now to the government conspiracy crowd.

Maybe the TSA has been infiltrated by aliens from outspace and it is just easier for them to do their body probes in the broad daylight of the airport rather than abducting people to their spaceships in the middle of the night.

Perhaps Meg was replaced by a pod person by the TSA when taken off camera at the airport.

Maybe this is all part of the New World Order and these people being scanned are really being brainwashed by the scanner rays.

Or just maybe the scanners can read their minds. :smilewinkgrin:

20. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me. :)