1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Melbourne and Los Angeles threatened by Al Queda

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben W, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Melbourne threatened in Al Qaeda tape
    Sep 12, 2005

Australia is taking seriously a video shown on US television threatening an attack on Melbourne, the government said on Monday, but added it wasn't raising the national threat level from medium to high.

The tape, broadcast on Sunday and purportedly from a US-born member of al Qaeda, threatened Los Angeles and Melbourne on the fourth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on the United States.

Attorney-General Philip Ruddock said a special taskforce was seeking a copy of the video tape to assess the risk to Australia's second largest city.

"Security agencies are working closely with their overseas counterparts to try and find further information about it," Ruddock told Australian radio on Monday.

"What it demonstrates to me is that we have been targeted in the past, we remain of interest to terrorist organisations. This may or may not be a real threat, it may well be a hoax but that matter has to be seriously examined."

Australia, a strong US ally with troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, has been on medium security alert since shortly after the September 11, 2001 attacks.

Melbourne is due to host the 2006 Commonwealth Games next March, which will be opened by Britain's Queen Elizabeth II, another close ally of the US. About 6,000 athletes are expected to take part.

Ruddock said the threat, even if genuine, was not specific enough for the nation's security threat level to be increased from medium, the second-lowest level.

Australia has not been the target of a serious attack but 88 Australians were among 202 people killed in bombings on the Indonesian island of Bali in October, 2002, and the Australian embassy in Jakarta was hit by a suicide bomb in 2004.

http://www.tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411319/610620

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I saw this little Southern California twit making threats against his country and Australia. The idiot deserves to die for treason. If he were my son, I'd say kill him, because my son was already dead.

I imagine he was an outcast in school and is using this for payback for perceived wrongs against him. He had better hope he is never caught by the US.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I know the Australians, a bragging al qaeda will not make their knees start knocking.

4. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

It has been dismissed as Al-Queda propaganda, not to say that we are not rapidly preparing for a Terrorist attack. Cameras are being placed in strategic locations all over, and hopefully disaster action plans are being put into place, so that should it happen we will at least be ready.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I imagine it's another Al cia duh psyops. Bush's numbers are way way down. Everybodies grumpy over Katrina and nobodies talking about Iraq and the GWOT anymore.

They must be scrapping the bottom of the barrel when they can't even get a real Middle Eastern actor to star in their phony productions. [​IMG]

Those cameras are being put there to watch you Ben not Al cia duh operatives.