1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Meme Thread: Trump vs Biden

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Aaron, May 7, 2021.

1. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Try to read slower & grasp the content!

2. SavedByGrace

SavedByGrace Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    read #16 I have ONLY commented on the words in the right picture of Trump.

3. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The words in the top right of the meme are DIRECT responses of the Dem MSM, signified by the background words and abbreviations, to Trump's decision to close the US border to China travel due to the dangers posed by the spread of COVID-19, which originated in China. Are you really agreeing with those baseless and inane Dem Progressive Left accusations regarding that decision?

4. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lets try simple English here. To me, Trump is racist, xenophobic (although he is an immagrant himself!), fascist, white supremacist, anti left media, anti science on Covid. etc. Now do you get what I was actually commenting on in the first place?

5. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it's clear your posts exhibit extreme prejudice and gullibility associated with TDS. That last one went even further in that effort.

For the record, it should be pointed out that, regardless of what they have managed to fool others into thinking, the Dem MSM do not think Trump is racist. They know he is not.

Before he began maneuvering to make a bid for election, Trump was a darling of media, especially the entertainment media and was welcome in their circles.

They only accuse Trump of being racist as part of their false narrative. Being fooled by them and believing their false narrative is no credit to anyone, especially not to a Christian.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I really cannot understand WHY any Christian would have voted for Trump in the first place. He is a DISGUSTING disgrace!

Should be MORE than enough to NEVER vote for this VULGAR person, as this is AGAINST the Holy Bible!

7. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist

8. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Imagining that that clip is evidence of racism is beyond bizarre. One would have to be fully infected by TDS or simply unable to comprehend language and culture in context to come up with such a notion. You don't get a pass in either case. You get a major fail. On top of that, you get a zero for plagiarism. :Wink

9. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    obvious Trumper much! :eek:

10. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Rolleyes :Wink Your TDS precludes your being able to discern much of what is going on politically in the US. Drop your TDS and start showing you can truly discern for yourself, or hang it up.

But really, you should have admitted to yourself long ago that your knowledge of US politics is simply too limited to engage critically. Since you're a Brit, you shouldn't be faulted for that, and you wouldn't be, if you didn't continually try to engage as though you are informed.

So, your attempted slur just doesn't mean anything, other than as a joke. You might as well call me a wetback or the n-word, a hillbilly or a redneck, a city boy or a racist. It would just exhibit more of the same sort of ignorance.

11. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    A "Trumper" to me is someone who is obsessed with this guy! I say it as I see it. Main reason why I do comment on US politics, is, that on BB it is sometimes hijacked by those who are very much pro Trump, and keep banging on about how great this guy is, and attack Joe, even when he does something that is right! I see the majority of new threads are on politics, and very little to do with serious Bible study, which should be the main reason for such a board!

12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I get that. But that is a reflection on what looks like poor discernment and comprehension, trying to make of what someone says something they expressly did not say. This may also be a sign of impatience or of carelessness or of unwillingness to honestly engage or of already being corrupted in perception. You are just making my point.

You have yet to show that you even understood the point of that first meme, perhaps because you don't care. But some of us do care, as many even in the church are being led astray, developing a hatred borne entirely of ignorance and hypocrisy.

As for serious Bible study, perhaps there have been attempts at that, but much more often what I see are attempts at theological battles centered around pet doctrines that quickly devolve due to differences in vocabulary and definitions, semantics really. There are also differing levels of scholarship or what passes for it, and the ability to think critically and beyond what one has heretofore experienced.

What I would consider serious Bible study would be looking at the text, understanding its import and impact at the time written (and/or spoken), and then reflecting on how it should impact my own life. Perhaps I'll risk posting something and hope it doesn't start going awry.

13. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have posted much on serious Bible Doctrines.

14. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, in response to this you can link your best entry, one that meets my full criteria on both counts, and I'll try to take a look. But be sure to review my criteria before bothering to post. You wouldn't want to disappoint me on this, you know.

15. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think that if you click on my name here "SavedByGrace", it should list my threads that were featured. Take your pick

16. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did click, but unless you really have something that qualifies by meeting all of my criteria, I'll just say, "Some other time then." I'm really not interested in trying to wade through the list looking for something that actually qualifies. I saw a slew that appeared to fail the test. But thanks for the offer all the same.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    no problem

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So you are refusing to answer the question!

Now, I wonder why you refuse to answer the question

could it be that you refuse to say anything good about Mr. Trump.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hey, Saved By Grace Defender of the Unborn,

Who wields the abortion knife more skillfully, Trump or Biden?

You have repeatedly ignored the "so called evidence" provided for Trump's efforts to slow and stop abortion so please give the proof that Biden seeks to guard life from God.

If you say you are not a fan of Biden why bash the one that has tried to protect life?

Trump Administration Actions to Protect Life and Conscience

Here is a Long List of President Donald Trump’s Pro-Life Accomplishments

Biden Begins Rolling Back Trump’s Pro-Life Protections

Accomplishments of the Trump Administration on Pro-Life and Other Issues

Pro-Life Groups ‘Forever Grateful’ For Trump Admin’s Efforts To Protect Innocent Human Life

Victory: Pres. Trump’s “Protect Life Rule” Finalized - Susan B. Anthony List

Here are President Donald Trump’s Top 13 Pro-Life Accomplishments

20. SavedByGrace

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to think that Trump was right with his "stand" against abortion, only to see here on BB, and online, that he was not completely against abortion, as he allowed women to take the abotion pill at a clinic, but not at home. This makes his "stand" more to do with pleasing the Evangelical vote, than what he actually holds to.