1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Memphis Lawmaker's Son Investigated for Palin Hacking

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    State Rep. Mike Kernell has confirmed to 600WREC's Mike Fleming that his 20-year-old son is the one being mentioned in earlier published reports that state he has been contacted by authorities investigating the hacking of vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's e-mail account.

More Here

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I suspected it was a kid (not that I judge him guilty) or a group of kids since hacking someone's email account. I hope they discourage other kids from trying to top his achievement.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Palin Hacker Speaks from Shadows

Details emerged Thursday behind the break-in of Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin's e-mail account, including a first-hand account suggesting it was vulnerable because a hacker was able to impersonate her online to obtain her password.

The hacker guessed that Alaska's governor had met her husband in high school, and knew Palin's date of birth and home Zip code. Using those details, the hacker tricked Yahoo Inc.'s service into assigning a new password, "popcorn," for Palin's e-mail account, according to a chronology of the crime published on the Web site where the hacking was first revealed.

The FBI and Secret Service launched a formal investigation Wednesday. Yahoo declined to comment Thursday on details of the investigation, citing Palin's privacy and the sensitivity of such investigations.

More Here

4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

a kid? 20 years old is an adult, and given most young men at that age have an over abundence of stupid in their system and lack of common sense (i know i did)...you should know right from wrong. But even the slightest amount of common sense should suggest that hacking into the email account of someone who has Secret Service protection probably isn't the best idea.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

Even a 20 yr old knows hacking is illegal, much less a VP candidate, which is really stupid.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

It may not be so stupid if you are a state reps son

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I meant kid in the mind but you guys are right, he should have known better.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You were obviously very wrong.