1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Merit And Mercy

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Feb 5, 2024.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Brightfame52

Brightfame52 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So those for whom Christ died, Gods elect, will result in them receiving the gift of eternal life.,

Thats Mercy Christ Merited for Gods People Jude 1:21

Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Let me ask you something, Brightfame52, since you are the most hyper-Calvinist here at the BB.

What about Cain and the rich young ruler.

According to your belief system, they were and are not of the elect.

The Bible says that Cain rejected God. God gave Cain four chances to reject the sin he was about to commit and submit to God's ways. Cain didn't and even after he killed Abel, Cain was a smart mouth to God and only thought of himself.

Was God just toying or messing around with Cain. Did God hate Cain - creating him ONLY to burn in the cosmic bonfire of hell for eternity?

Why did God even approach Cain to give him an opportunity to be changed?

And the Bible says that Jesus LOVED the rich young ruler who rejected him.

If I were a reformed person - I could NEVER have or adopt children. The Bible teaches that broad is the way to destruction and narrow is the way to eternal life with Christ.

Odds are, everyone's children have a stronger chance of going to hell than heaven. NOTHING you do for them can alter that. Your belief asserts that whoever is going to hell is bound for hell from before they were created. And witnessing to your children and taking them to church if they are NOT of the elect, according to the reformed, will accomplish NOTHING!

I could not live with that. What's your thinking on that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    I dont have time to answer all those questions.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just did, brother.

6. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I truly believe - and not to embarrass you - is that you do not WANT to answer my simple three questions because you cannot. Not at least from the point of view of your hyper-Calvinism.

How about just answering ONE: Take your pick.

• [1] How does your belief system answer how God drew Cain to him and Cain rejected Him?
    • [2] How does your belief system answer how Jesus, who LOVED the rich young ruler, gave the young man the truth and the young man rejected Jesus?
    • [3] How does your belief system answer the question as to why the reformed should bear children or adopt children as the odds are, according to the Bible, that those children will go to hell - because no amount of evangelism from the parents will avail anything if God has pre-ordained them to burn forever? God knitted them together in their mother's womb while hating them and taking pleasure in His decision to send them to hell before they were even born.
    BrightFame52 - I've done a little digging this afternoon and found you on at least 11 different forums. Fairly to very active. Five active upon just today.

If you SAY you have no time to answer my 3 questions - it's no wonder.

But if you can talk to the rest of the world and not me - I have to wonder why?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your statement "Keep yourselves in the love of God, . . ." doesn't make sense. On the premise election precedes regeneration. 1 John 4:7, . . every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. You see the regenerated are in God's love by default.

8. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's your opinion

9. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's your opinion. 1 John 4:7 is the word of God.

10. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay one day we will see who's opinion was grounded in truth

11. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 John 4:7-8, Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

12. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Jn 4:7 is the word. I have no problem with that

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brightfame52

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay and. Anybody can quote scripture and dont know what it means, you do that a lot

14. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. There is a difference. Disagreeing on meanings and actually not understanding it. There is also a deference what a text actually says and what one adds or denies it actually says. I have been a Biblical Christian some 60 years.