1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

    Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

    We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Bachman / Iowa

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Jan 3, 2012.

  1. Salty

    Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Moderator

    Joined:
    Apr 8, 2003
    Messages:
    23,157
    Likes Received:
    328
    Faith:
    Baptist
    at the moment ( 930 EST) Bachman is running about 6% and Huntsman is at 1 % - [total of 7% between the two]

    If Bachman and Huntman had heeded Sara Palins recommendation and dropped out of the race -

    I contend that at least 5 of the 7 % would have went to Santorum - thus giving him a much larger lead.

    thoughts?


    Should Bachman and Huntman run in the NH primary - or let their votes go for Santorum?

    Would would benefit the most if Gingrich and Perry were to drop out?
     
  2. ktn4eg

    ktn4eg New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 19, 2004
    Messages:
    3,517
    Likes Received:
    1
    I doubt seriously that that many people who would support Huntsman would support Santorum as an alternative to JH.
     
  3. InTheLight

    InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2010
    Messages:
    18,596
    Likes Received:
    877
    Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Santorum would have gotten 4% of the 6% that Bachmann captured and Huntsman's 1% would have been split by Romney and Gingrich.

    Huntsman's strategy has been to ignore Iowa and concentrate on NH. He's been campaigning in NH while all the others have been in Iowa. I think both candidates owe it to their financial supporters to see it through at least NH.

    Not Ron Paul. That leaves Santorum and Romney. I'd guess Romney would get the larger share of Gingrich's votes and Santorum would get the larger share of Perry's votes.
     
  4. poncho

    poncho Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    Messages:
    19,657
    Likes Received:
    128
Loading...