1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare web

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First Lady Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is a top executive at the company that earned the no-bid contract to build the failed Obamacare website.

Toni Townes-Whitley, Princeton class of ’85, is senior vice president at CGI Federal, which earned the no-bid contract to build the $678 million Obamacare enrollment website at Healthcare.gov. CGI Federal is the U.S. arm of a Canadian company.

Townes-Whitley and her Princeton classmate Michelle Obama are both members of the Association of Black Princeton Alumni.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/25/m...y-that-built-obamacare-website/#ixzz2imCorUUH

2. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what? Dick Chaney was CEO of Halliburton before becoming vice-president.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So that makes this ok? Not sure what you are saying. By the way Bush and Cheney are no longer in office. Just thought I would let you know.

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Re: Michelle Obama’s Princeton classmate is executive at company that built Obamacare

Wait, Bush isn't the president right now? Aww man! So the liberals have been blaming the wrong man these past few years!

On a serious note, I was going to write how I thought the situation sounded a lot like nepotism. Obviously it's not technically, but I was going to compare it to nepotism. But on second thought, I realized that I'd have done a similar thing. If I had a friend whose company specialized in a project I was undertaking, I'd give them first bid. Not a no-bid, but first shot.

5. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pointing out that this type of thing happens all the time, doesn't prove anything.

Lots of issues with the practice, but it's hardly news. Sometimes the best person is someone you know. Though listening to the testimony on the hill this week, best person seems to be a subjective term. What a disaster of leadership and communication.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

[​IMG]

Dick Chaney didn't continue to run Halliburton after he became vice-president.

Jimmy Carter didn't continue to run Carter Enterprises after he became governor, and later president.

George H.W. Bush didn't continue to run the CIA after he became vice-president and then president.

Dwight D. Eisenhower didn't continue to run the allied forces when he became president.

None of them hired friends to do anything for the government while in one of the nation's two highest offices.

Get your thumbs out of your ears, your head out of the sand, and figure out what's going on in this country, for cryin' out loud!!

7. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What are you talking about?

The whole hire your buddies thing has long been the practice in Washington, I don't agree with the practice but it's hardly news at this point.