1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michelle Obama announces best picture

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wonder if they'll give her one?

3. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That was a good one!:laugh:

4. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Somehow that seems fitting.

How many in "Hollywood" have sold their souls for one of those graven images?

Editorial Comment:

Over the last few days, local news has been filled with lead up stories. Speculation on what half dressed women would be wearing. "Inside" stories on preparations, including polishing the massive idols lining the red carpet. Details on the $40,000+ (if memory serves) gift bags presenters and those nominated would receive. Plans for the lavish parties that would follow. Etc. & Etc. And, last nights local news gave the run-down of wall to wall coverage schedule for all evening.

When I turn on the TV this morning, again to get local news and weather, I'm sure the worship of these idols will be the "news". In thinking about it, I doubt that I'll be watching much news this AM, except for the weather at 20 after the hour. (May have to change plans for work at church, depending on when rain will arrive.)

In thinking about it, I wonder how many went to bed hungry last night, within walking distance of these scenes of __________ (fill in the blank)? Wonder how much medicine could have been bought for those in need with the monies spent on "gift bags"? Wonder if the First Lady had to turn down hers?

Thinking about satan rubbing his hands and licking his lips at this display that'll bring in more advertising dollars, which in turn, will promote more of the same. The higher the ratings, the more dollars to lure more viewers. His chains of entrapment grow stronger.

Thinking about this, as well. Did Jesus weep when He saw so many, believers and non-believers, gathered/viewing this idol worship service, last night? :tear: