1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michigan and Ohio State

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by 4His_glory, Nov 18, 2005.

1. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Well the best rivalry game of all is this Saturday- Michigan and Ohio State. Records do matter in Columbus or Ann Arbor at this time. All that matters is downing the hated opponent, which will be Ohio State this year.

Yes Buckeye fans read and weep as your worthless nuts take to the field to suffer shame and humiliation! ;) :D

Should be a good game!

2. gekko

gekko New Member

are you talking about football?

3. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

As much at it hurts me to say so, I think Michigan will win this year. :(

4. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One example of the most overblown homerism in sports is how Michigan and Ohio St. fans think it's not possible that their 'rivalry' is not the absolute best in football, and probably all of sports on any level. It's not likely that this year's game will even affect the Big 10 championship, since all Penn St. has to do is beat Michigan St, which had a good 5 games and since has sprawled into the ditch. UM and OSU fans can think so if they want to, but it's bothersome to hear them always refer to it as "the best rivalry," when Alabama/Auburn, Texas/Oklahoma, USC/Notre Dame, et al, put great importance on theirs, but don't continuously claim it must be recognized as the "best."

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I always thought that the Iron Bowl was "the best" rivalry in college football ;) .

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

Practicly the entire sports media agrees it to be the greatest rivalry of all time, and so do many fans across the nation, not just locally.

Its bothersome to you Alcott because you are from the southwest. Do you like the SEC? If you are like many SEC fans I know they believe it is the greatest things since sliced bread. Talk about "homerism".

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Totally regional - each region thinks their game is the biggest. There is no consensus.

8. PastorSBC1303

I agree with C4 here. When Texas/OU play the media is screaming the best rivalry. When OSU/Michigan play they scream the same. When USC/Notre Dame play the scream the same. When Alabama/Auburn play....etc etc etc

And I grew up in Big Ten country and graduated from a Big Ten school. Of course when you are fans of a certain team that plays in a big rivalry, you are going to see things through their colored glasses.

There are several great rivalry games in college football with OSU/Michigan just being one of them.

9. PastorSBC1303

Well I am always happy to be wrong, when it means a Michigan loss [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Such a loss couldn't happen to a better group of guys :D ... Michigan has escaped this season with so many wins they should not have had, it is only poetic justice for them to lose this one. Of course, OSU was clearly the better team all year, though I didn't see much of the game today.

If only U of M wasn't in Michigan, it would be a much better place to live.

11. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

12. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

It was a great game though.

13. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

[​IMG]

My daughter attends there.