1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Middle Schoolers Watch Video of Celebrities Who ‘Pledge’ Service to Obama

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For some reason the Hudson (Wis.) School District unearthed the “I Pledge” video for its middle school’s Peace One Day event a few days back, and a number parents in attendance were outraged.

District and school officials made a quick backpedal, apologizing to those offended by the video, reports KMSP-TV.

“The reason the video was used was to show students small ways to make a difference in their communities,” the district wrote in its apology. “Unfortunately, the video also had a political slant. The district is non-partisan and does not endorse the political messages found in this video. This video will not be used in the district again.”

Middle School Principal Dan Koch this announcement to students Thursday afternoon:

“The ‘I Pledge’ video we viewed yesterday included some messages about serving President Barack Obama. We apologize for any part of the video that was offensive to students, their families and staff. The video conveyed a message that people serve the presidency when in fact our elected officials serve the people. We respect the Office of the President of the United States but like all of our other elected officials, that office serves each of us as well. I sincerely hope that as participants in Wednesday’s event what you took away from the experience was to choose to make a difference in your world.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ort-for-obama-and-ask-viewers-to-do-likewise/

#1 Revmitchell, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2013