1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Military Baptists

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have some questions for you:
    If I travel to Europe, where would I attend chuch?
    If I know of a military person stationed in Germany, can he be part of a local Baptist Church?
    Our Church would like to partner with a mission church overseas, do you have suggestions?
    If I am seeking a new direction, is there a ministry I should consider?

For the answer to these and many more questions I would invite you to check out:

web page EUROPEAN BAPTIST CONVENTION

There are dozens of EBC churches located in Germany and other countries. Many of these churches were founded by and for U.S. military personel in the '50 & '60.
    Several chruches are looking for Senior pastors and other staff positions.
    The EBC is associated with the SBC. There are also several IFB churches as well. (Maybey Dr Bob with all his wisdom could help me find that web page [​IMG] )
    Also, if your were ever a member of a Baptist church in Germany, would love to hear your testimony! [​IMG]

2. Flippo

Flippo Member

I just came from Germany. I was stationed there 3 times. The first time I was a member of Independent Baptist Church in Wiesbaden. 2nd time in Stuttgart at a EBC Church (no Independent there at the time). This last time I was at Ramstein AB and was a member of a great church (Rheinland Baptist). Most of the major bases there have a Independent Baptist Church nearby along with a EBC Church. Not saying every place has one but a lot do.

Phil

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sadly I can't find the pages I was looking for. And double-sadly, a couple of "good" churches in Germany that were recommended to me are in the KJVO sect and I wouldn't send anyone into that false doctrine.

Not for debate here, but just wonder how a GERMAN church can be KJVO??? Unless they are just exporting the sect to a ENGLISH church that happens to be in Germany. Some "local" church.

Will keep looking and may edit this post.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. ChurchBusDriver

ChurchBusDriver New Member

Saltcitybaptist,

I was a member of an IFB church in Grafenrheinfeld, GE, just down the road from where I was stationed at Schweinfurt. The Pastor is through BIMI. The name of the church is Conerstone Baptist Church.
    I enjoyed it very much, and I learnt alot, didn't get to go until my last year in Germany, and then spent half the time playing in the woods.
    The church and the pastor was a very great blessing in my life.

Alan

6. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    BIMI, at the website shown above, has the largest number of IFB works to military people, to the best of my knowledge.

7. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The churches established by and for military members should not be satisfied with ministering only to themselves. There still needs to be outreach and evangelism for the local people.

Being stationed overseas is a great opportunity for God to put you on the mission field at Uncle Sam's expense. Of course, all of us are on the mission field, some locally, some internationally.

8. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Brother Ian, I've preached in several military works here in Japan, and I've noticed (as you may have) that someone in the church usually gets a burden for the nationals and tries to reach them. Often this even becomes a national church. [​IMG]

9. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

That's what we're talking about John. That's what we need to be doing. [​IMG]

My work in Romania is doing just that. We want to teach them how to be Christians and grow strong in the faith and to reach out to their own people instead of relying on American (or other Christian) missionaries.

10. John of Japan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen, brother! You are doing a great work for the Lord, I'm sure. [​IMG]