1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Military personnel harassed on subway

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 13, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A pro-family activist and former presidential candidate says it is outrageous that military personnel in uniform, who use public transportation while traveling to the Pentagon, are being publicly harassed by anti-war leftists.

More Here

2. Cutter

Cutter New Member

Shame on anyone or any group that would harass a member of our military. :mad:

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am grateful for highly trained forces who do not respond to provocation.

These national heroes could hardly be blamed if they responded, but if they did they would be roundly condemned.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never seen this myself. I hope I do not.

5. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

It's not just leftists. You can see Alex Jones (truther radio personality)heckling some military folks in a restaurant HERE

He lectures them about the WTC attacks, and says, "The military-industrial complex tried to get this republic, but they failed!" etc. etc.

They basically ignore him.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're referring, of course, to liberal anti -war cretins.

Ever notice how these thugs always outnumber the military personnel they berate or choose a woman alone to harrass?

7. redbelt

redbelt New Member

It's indeed very sad how our military men and women have to put up with this at home after serving overseas. I have had at least 2 Soldiers tell me they were spit on while returning from Irag for their mid tour leave.

I also agree that some in the Congress and Senate have helped to light the fuse against military personnel. It's shameful, harmful and some might even think it's what traitors would do...

How Sad....

8. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

It is very sad that one will watch a 'thug' harrass another and remain silent...... Now that is really exercising free speech..........NOT!

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's a real shame that some people refuse to acquiesce to tyranny isn't it?

#9 poncho, Jun 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2008
  10. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

You mean Jones? Wagging his finger at people as they walk away from him. Yes sir, a real hero.

11. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Its a real shame that some people can't distinguish between the captives and those who steer them. Slavery isn't ended by harassing the slaves. Soldiers aren't slaves.... but are similarly 'captive and committed'...... and most are 'there' because of their dedication for our good.... thir heart was in the right place..... they aren't responsible for policy.

Their choice of leadership is no greater than our own vote........ and pity......look at the choices both parties give us.

I hear there are 14 Republican Legisatures refusing to endorse John McCain..... Perhaps there could be a chance for a 3rd party. Wish there were such stallwart people in the Democratic leadership who would take such a potentially political death dare to uphold country over party commitments....... I'm waiting and watching.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

If anyone needs to know the truth about how the world really works it's the military. There are better ways of educating people than wagging your finger at them as they walk by...I agree. When people are passionate about their message sometimes they do dumb things. Including me.

I see Christains displaying the very same behavior. There's a whole lot of finger wagging going on all the time around here. What's that make us?
    Exactly. Can't really blame the blind for being blind can we?

#12 poncho, Jun 14, 2008
  13. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Quote:
    Exactly. Can't really blame the blind for being blind can we?

Exactly.....not until their sight is restored!

But care must be taken, if one is called to do eye surgery... that they are able to follow through and bring healing. Sight is not restored by cutting out the eyes.

Jesus did make a paste of spittal and clay: He was careful and loving in application and he was God:

The soul is more than the body: Our own goal is the superiority of the gospel to save and dispell the lies of spiritual deception...... the rest may or may not follow regarding our carnal perceptions of policy and politics. In all things success is walking in the spirit and not in the flesh.

14. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Success is knowing the difference between those who walk in the spirit and those who are only pretending too and realizing that the great majority will follow the later more easily than the first, and also knowing that the remedy for spiritual blindness is the truth.

People have been fed a steady diet of lies and half truths by their "leaders" (both political and spiritual) for so long now that the great majority of them find the truth to be distasteful if not downright dangerous and even treasonous.

Today the situation we find ourselves in is that even looking for the truth beyond all the propaganda and mainstream consensus making outlets is akin to criminal behavior of some sort and the blind mechanically question the questioners and do what they can to silence and demonize them.

It's not working very well anymore though.

#14 poncho, Jun 14, 2008