1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Millenium questions...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by robycop3, Aug 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember, SG is a PRETERIST. And also remember, he CANNOT show us from history where the eschatological events have already occurred. And "dispy" is a pret's fave thing to call someone who doesn't believe their garbage.

Preterism is as false as "word/faith, regenerational baptism, annihilationsim, modalism, the KJVO myth, mariolatry", & many other false doctrines.

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    you can invent things but that does not make it true.
    Romans 1 teaches men are without excuse.it is not saving knowledge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Plus, it says that the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith, and this revealing is via the gospel, not some sort of “worship me the best way you know how” heresy.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But it says WHY men are without excuse.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God cannot make all know Jesus is Lord?

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither was he slain , as Jesus did not have the second coming then!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan will be bound until after second coming event!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought you are postmil?

9. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry to have offended you, Willis.
    I relate what I see in the Scriptures and tell people honestly about it.

For the record, I do not see the Bible teaching "a-millennialism" and even after 43+ years ( the last 15 of it or so in careful study of the Scriptures ), I never have.
    Rather, when it comes to end-times events, I understand them like this:

I am "Pre-Millennial" , "Post-Tribulational rapture", with a 3.5 year tribulation ( not 7 years ) followed by His people spending a literal 1,000 year reign with the Lord bodily at Jerusalem.
    If you don't see it that way, then I suppose that we'll have to agree to disagree.

I wish you well, as always, and may God bless you in many ways.

#109 Dave G, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Enough, roby, please stop with the labeling and personal attacks;
    It's "conduct unbecoming" us as Christians and it's my belief that this forum enjoys far too much of allowing such things.

Additionally, ( and I say this to everyone here )...
    No believer has any right to malign anyone, given the magnitude of what the Lord has done for us.

Would that we would all keep this in mind when we discuss what we see in His word, myself being first and foremost.

#110 Dave G, Aug 18, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scripture is our SOLE source about the antichrist, millenium, etc.

I believe the trib will be less than 3.5 years long, as Jesus said He'd cut it short lest ALL flesh(Greek sark=human or animal flesh) perish.

And while I MOSTLY agree with you, I believe the rapture will be before the trib, & here's why:

Rev. 3:10 Since you have kept my command to endure patiently, I will also keep you from the hour of trial that is going to come on the whole world to test the inhabitants of the earth.

I believe we know the 7 churches in Rev have TYPES of them among today's churches, so whatever Jesus had John write to those churches applies to their types today.

12. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe God has given me the task to work against false doctrines of faith/worship, & those who hawk them or indicate they believe them. ALL Christians should work to do this, at least SOME. I am NOT going to let up attacking them as I come across them, as I answer to GOD in these matters.

As for preterism:

All that any pret need do to sustain his/her doctrine is to show us from history when the eschatological events were fulfilled, tell us the name of the antichrist & his sidekick the false prophet, and describe the mark of the beast. Shouldn't be hard, if those things have already occurred.

However, I've been asking preterists for such proof for some 40 years, & haven't received any truthful reply yet. Thus, I proclaim preterism a LIE until its homeboys can **PROVE** differently. (But I won't hold my breath waiting; I believe I'd become quite-cyanotic!)

13. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I’m not offended my brother at all. I’m just saying all the imagery in that passage, a symbolic chain binding a symbolic dragon for a symbolic 1,000 years, IMO, would be the more accurate way of interpreting it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Leaning that way, but I’ve much to learn.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do not ever go preterist though!

16. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Partial preterist, even if I decide post-mill is not the correct eschatology.

17. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have asked you about some of your views. You have offered what you can. I cannot expect you to do more than what you are able to do. You have not established your literal view, and have offered some flawed ideas.
    Thanks for trying and offering your ideas.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Scott Downey

Scott Downey Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That even if true, did not save them.
    Christ said He is the way, truth and the life.
    And no one comes to the Father except through Him, He is the door of the sheep.

7 Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
    8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
    9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

I personally believe that if anyone is worshipping the true God, then God is at work in them, and they will be led to Christ, Romans 8, all things work to the good of them that love God, who are the called according to His purposes.
    Then there was the centurion in Acts, who worshipped God, who had an angelic vision and was led to Christ by Peter.

There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of what was called the Italian Regiment, 2 a devout man and one who feared God with all his household, who gave alms generously to the people, and prayed to God always. 3 About the ninth hour of the day he saw clearly in a vision an angel of God coming in and saying to him, “Cornelius!”

4 And when he observed him, he was afraid, and said, “What is it, lord?”

So he said to him, “Your prayers and your alms have come up for a memorial before God. 5 Now send men to Joppa, and send for Simon whose surname is Peter. 6 He is lodging with Simon, a tanner, whose house is by the sea. He will tell you what you must do.” 7 And when the angel who spoke to him had departed, Cornelius called two of his household servants and a devout soldier from among those who waited on him continually. 8 So when he had explained all these things to them, he sent them to Joppa.

• Like Like x 1
  19. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    History and reality prove the literal view. You simply don't accept it, which is your right. But I believe the whole readership is the best judge of who's right, based upon the available evidence.

20. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not the fault of isolated people if they've never heard of God. And, as God is perfectly-just, I don't believe He condemns such people who die having never heard of Him at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.