1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missions pioneer Ralph Winter dies

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by gb93433, May 26, 2009.

1. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

PASADENA, Calif. (BP)--Ralph Winter, a veteran missiologist who 35 years ago sparked an emphasis on unreached people groups worldwide, died at his home in Pasadena, Calif., May 20 after a struggle with cancer. He was 84.

In 2005, Time magazine listed Winter as one of the 25 most influential evangelicals in America, noting that in 1974 at the International Congress on World Evangelization in Lausanne, Switzerland, Winter revolutionized missionary work overseas by calling Christians to look beyond national borders and serve the world's "unreached people."

Time said Winter helped produce "a new generation of Christian message carriers, some native, ready to venture out to places with such ready-to-be-ministered flocks as Muslim converts to Christianity and African Christians with heretical beliefs."

The rest of the story is at http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp?ID=30559

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

May God continue to bless the work that he started...... and comfort those who will miss him.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

When I read that article I thought about how time has flown. I first met him in 1974. I can still remember some of what he spoke on.