1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Missouri Football

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Jimmy C, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I am not a missouri fan, but I saw thier qb play in highschool at southlake carroll in texas - he was a GREAT high school qb, only lost two games. SLC has been a power house in texas high school football the past several years. Chase Daniel was not recruited heavily because of his size- only 6 ft tall. The coach at SLC (todd dodge) did some work with missouri helping them install the spread offence that daniel ran at SLC. Missouri is off to a 6-0 start and has been impressive - they do play at texas this week, and it should be a good game - check it out!

2. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

They play at Texas A&M, not the longhorns.

Missouri has been off to a great start. Their defense and Daniel are playing great. I think they have to be the favorite to win the Big 12 North and face Texas in the title game.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

correct you are - I am heading to the game this weekend - forgot to add the all important A&M! Whoop!!!

this is a huge game for fran esp after losing to Tech and barely beating kansas

4. NateT

NateT Member

It's nice to see that MU finally decided to start playing football. For a long time I didn't even know they had a program...

Just kidding, I grew up in KC and lamented the woeful 5th down, and the NU kick in the end zone for a TD...But it is still Mizzou, so you just wonder when they're going to mess up and lose. I don't think they play baylor this year, so at least it shouldn't be TOO embarasing when they lose to an unranked team.

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

I was looking at thier schedule. after A&M who unfortuanately for my daughter I think they will beat, they have oklahoma at home and neb on the road - it is not inconceviable that they could go into the big 12 championship with only one loss (or undefeated)

I love Chase Daniel as a qb - another side story, he wanted desparately to go to TX but was not recruited and signed with Missouri. Tx lost a qb commitment and then came knocking on daniels door - he stuck with his commitment to Missouri. He just seems like a real solid kid with a good future.

I am hoping that team does well this year and am quitely rooting for them

6. PastorSBC1303

Jimmy, I heard that same story about Texas knocking on his door. That is very impressive. Glad to see the young man can stick with his commitments.

I have watched several of their games this year and he has played as well as any QB in the nation that I have seen.

7. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Daniel looks like he could run that offense blindfolded.

8. PastorSBC1303

He sure does. Do you think Texas is wishing they had him right about now?

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Probably not. They're probably wishing that Mizzou didn't have him but they have two very gifted QB's. Due to the bias toward guys like McCoy, Daniel probably wouldn't even be their starter right now.

10. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Daniel has probably been running that same offence since he was in the 4th grade - did you know that in Daniels history in high school and college he has lost exactly one game - a Texas state high school championship game! Kind of nice of the missouri coaching staff to have Todd Dodge come up and install the offence last year in time for daniel to step in this year as a red shirt freshman

He probably could run that offence blindfolded!

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am glad to see Missouri doing well. I remember Missouri being a very good program when I was a kid.

12. NateT

NateT Member

If MU beats Nebraska, they should be the big 12 North champs because Nebraska will then most likely wind up with 3 losses (USC, TX and MU).

But if NU wins, I think they have a shot, they'd probably still wind up with 2 losses (USC & TX) but it's not inconceivable that OU beats MU even though it's in Columbia. In that case Nebraska would hold the tie breaker.