1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mitt Romney, caught on video tape

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is Obama's definition of middle class as well. I presume you don't agree with Obama's definition of middle class either.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both say that above $200,000 or $250,000 is where the middle class ends. I think that figure is too high. I would say that $100,000 is the upper end of the middle-class. I am not sure where the middle-class begins on the lower end ... maybe $40,000. So the range that makes up the middle class IMHO would be those making from $40,000 to $100,000. This is a guess and I certainly am not taking a hard stance on the lower end.

How would you define the middle class?

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

They get credit cards now Crabby. I suppose so folks buying hamburger won't know they are paying for all those steaks with their tax money!

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is hard to pin down. There is the gut feeling method which I think you are using and I kind of agree with. A lot of it has to do with the cost of living where people live. I'd go so far as to say the middle class is household income of $50,000 to $150,000.

I suppose there should be some formula related to the median income levels and percentages above and below that number that could really nail it down.

5. OldRegular

Neither does Obamma!

See it all at: http://washingtonexaminer.com/obama#.UFs1kN39XZc

6. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm, but my guess is they will blindly follow the man who holds them in contempt.

7. OldRegular

From Crabby's post.

Does anyone other than Crabby believe that a true-blue-Reagan-supporter would actually vote for the radical leftist Obammy?

8. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romney is nothing like Reagan. Only the blind believe the two are alike. Remember Reagan raised taxes?

9. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So if Romney is nothing like Reagan and since Reagan raised taxes, you are saying Romney will not raise taxes.

Interesting admission...

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not really. But others insist that he will not raise taxes.

Romney has none of the charisma or sense of humor that Reagan had and that certainly works against him.

11. OldRegular

Sad to say I tend to agree with you Crabby [Mark this date and remember where you were.] Obammy is the most arrogant person to ever hold the office of president in my lifetime. I would say it was because a bunch of foolish people thought he walked on water [Some still do!] and elected him president. However, he was arrogant long before that. I remember one campaign rally where he pulled out his handkerchief and blew his nose just to show the adoring crowd what he thought about them.

12. OldRegular

I wasn't comparing Romney and Reagan. I was simply pointing out, for those who have perception, that a lot of democrats lie and say they are or were Republicans.