1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mixed Denominational Thanksgivings...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavy Metal Calvinist, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Heavy Metal Calvinist

Man- I love my wife. Been married almost 16 years. She is a Baptist convert you might say.

I married into a Pentecostal family. My wife's deceased grandfather was a Holiness preacher. And her uncle is a straight-up Holiness preacher. He had a church function in September, so he misssed the fall family reunion. They called on me, the Baptist, to say the blessing (the Holiness uncle normally does it). I guess I took too long....

Then, fast forward to Thanksgiving- the family said "say the prayer, but don't say no long-winded ol' Baptist one 'cuz we're hungry."

How about them mixed denominational holidays?! Thank God for Grace... ha-ha. Christmas dinner is coming, too.

Anybody else gotta story like that?