1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moderna reports ‘positive’ data on early-stage coronavirus vaccine trial

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, May 18, 2020.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'll tell you the source of the panic: greed and fear of death.

2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Well, Americans love vaccines. Stockmarket up 900+.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I never took flu shots but I have had all the others. When I read what Bill Gates did to black Africans and Indians with vaccines in the name of eugenics, I decided not to take this one because of his involvement with WHO and the UN and the Anti-Christ Pope Francis.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    And West Texas Intermediate crude oil back over $30 per barrel.

5. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, most people were very afraid of dying. Not necessarily a bad thing, but that led to a panic at first, especially given news coverage. Good grief, just look at the grocery stores. I live in Florida and it was like a cat 4 was going to hit.

My lot is with the Lord, so despite having medical conditions, I'm not scared. I do wear a mask and obey our rulers on behalf of others though.

I wonder if we get our first true winter Coronavirus season, how that may inflame things. Could be even worse panic than now.

We aren't out of the woods yet though in that bars and other places of revelry are ignoring the safety guidelines. I'm concerned we could have Orlando shut down again. We rely on tourism, which frequents the many, many clubs and bars in town. Most people are following the rules though, and my churches small groups are starting back up, but not services till phase 2 it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  6. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you.

Do you have any information about the drawbacks of wearing a mask? We needed them at the outbreak and did not have them and now the lawyers are forcing us to wear them at work although there still are no N95 masks. I don't think anyone is making them in this country on a large scale. Do you know how many we produce a day?

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Living consists of more than just not dying. Just not dying leads to merely existing, not living. Unfortunately, lots and lots of people act like this life is all there is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the CNN coverage. Masks should not be worn when exerting yourself heavily or for more than 30 minutes at a time. Otherwise, you might struggle for air. I know its hard to obey the 30 minute recommendation.

Masks help others, not you. N95 masks prevent you from getting the virus through your nose or mouth. But, they must be fitted properly to your face to do so. Otherwise an N95 and any other mask prevents your saliva droplets from getting into your surroundings. These droplets travel up to 6-12 feet when talking, speaking loudly, sneezing or coughing. These saliva droplets get people sick. This through their transmission in the air or by touching things others touch, and then touching your face.

So wear a mask to protect others and wash your hands to protect you.

9. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know they were reusing the same masks at my doctors office early on, but I don't know how many are out there now.

10. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Satan is very busy. The masters of the universe have hidden adverse medical information about masks I think. I did find this in a roundabout way:

"They found that about a third of the workers developed headaches with use of the mask, most had preexisting headaches that were worsened by the mask wearing, and 60% required pain medications for relief. As to the cause of the headaches, while straps and pressure from the mask could be causative, the bulk of the evidence points toward hypoxia and/or hypercapnia as the cause. That is, a reduction in blood oxygenation (hypoxia) or an elevation in blood C02 (hypercapnia). It is known that the N95 mask, if worn for hours, can reduce blood oxygenation as much as 20%, which can lead to a loss of consciousness, as happened to the hapless fellow driving around alone in his car wearing an N95 mask, causing him to pass out, and to crash his car and sustain injuries. I am sure that we have several cases of elderly individuals or any person with poor lung function passing out, hitting their head. This, of course, can lead to death."

Blaylock: Face Masks Pose Serious Risks To The Healthy

11. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Masks cut air supply. That is why we are only to wear them for 30 minutes at a time, and we should not wear them when breathing deep or hard. That according to CNN, interesstingly. Problem is that factoid never gets out.

When alone in public it seems best to get some air and take the mask off until back around people. That said, grocery shopping can be a chore with a mask, since you cant take it off for a long time. Same thing when in doors surrounded by people.

12. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do masks give you headaches?

13. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After a while in a mask it can. I suffer several types of chronic headache, and the ones in a mask are fairly mild. So, I'm not a perfect guinea pig. I should get away to take it off for a few minutes every 30, though. Still, Romans 13 still seems to apply in so much that it is a relatively mild nuisance to wear one.

14. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At this point in time, I think the government should leave the decision to wear a mask up to you. You don't want hypoxia or hypercapnia.

15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. And fellow citizens, too.