1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mom who took a photo with Hillary Clinton while hiking getting death threats from Trump supporters

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

There have been so many cases of assault, bullying, vandalism or racist graffiti that Raw Story can barely keep up.
    [​IMG]

The latest victim is the mother who was hiking in the woods with her baby when she ran into Bill and Hillary Clinton walking their dog. Margot Gerster posted a snap of her chance meeting with the Clintons and posted it to Facebook.

That was all it took for the alt-right to attack. Since the photo has gone viral, she’s been getting death threats and really wants the story to just “go away.”

“I don’t want to discuss this anymore,” she said. “This story needs to go away. It got a lot of positive feedback from a lot of people, but I don’t want this to add on to this (blowback), I don’t want to fuel the fire.”

Gerster declined to say whether she reported the threats, but local police say that there haven’t been any reported.

The threats likely came from the rumor that Gerster staged the whole thing as part of the Clintons’ attempt to build their image after the election loss.

The 30-year-old mother maintains it was a coincidence. “It was very random. In 100,000 years, I would have never expected running into Hillary Clinton in the woods,” she said. “It was a very positive experience for me and a lot of other people. That’s why I posted it.”

Gerster said that she’d met Clinton before when he mother hosted a fundraiser for Clinton’s senate bid 15 years ago.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/mom...-getting-death-threats-from-trump-supporters/

2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Raw Story", barf, they'll never question a fellow liberal. This story makes no sense - supposedly some woman in NY state went hiking the day after the election and ran into Hillary Clinton, and there was a professional photographer right there to snap a picture of the two of them. Then, she puts it on her FB page but soon has to put it down, because she starts getting death threats but won't report them?