1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Monergism vs Synergism

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by thatbrian, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Like I said you still can't prove your point with scripture alone.

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Except we are not talking about free choices, the ability to choose. People are free to make choices all day long, and most of us do so.

We are talking about the bondage of the will. The lost man is only able to make choices that are within his moral/spiritual nature.

For instance. A fly, one of the simplest of creatures, can walk on the ceiling. But I, a much more complex creature, cannot. Why not? Is the fly better than me? Is the fly smarter than me? (Shut up, Hank!) Why can the fly walk on the ceiling and I can't? Simple. It is not in my physical nature to be able to walk on the ceiling.

The same is true of lost people. They can only do, or choose to do, that which is within their nature.

3. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.