1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Moral Victory for CA

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Nov 6, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

CA just passed legislation banning g@y marriage. This is the most "liberal" state in the union. However, the irony is Obama being on the ballot may have been what caused the bill to pass.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/11/05/state/n111547S31.DTL

2. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK.

Before I comment... is the subject, California, gay marriage, legislation,the race of the voters, or Obama.:confused:

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am excited that California, even with their massive support for Sen Obama, voted to ban gay marriage.

This is a great moral victory, which indicates that America has not totally lost her moral compass.

4. targus

targus New Member

On the other hand here in Michigan we were given the green light on embryonic stem cell research.

And legalized marijuana for supposed medical purposes. Of course if you read the proposal there are two words that make it a loop hole for virtually anyone to avoid prosecution for use or distribution.

But hey, this is the year of the liberals.

5. targus

targus New Member

"seven in 10 black voters and more than half of Latino voters" sounds like discrimination against gays by persons of color.

I suspect that it has less to do with morals than a cultural prejudice against gays.

6. givengrace

givengrace New Member

But this "VICTORY" will me NOTHING if Obama does as he said will do and sign the bill that If gays go to a Legal state and Marry then return to there state that has a Ban on Gay marriage this state MUST recognize the marriage.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Reading here on this board, I would think you'd find this a good thing. So you don't vote for Obama because it is said he supports homosexual marriages then when a culture makes a resounding stance, you say they are morally prejudice???

I guess there is no pleasing this crowd.

8. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I really don't know where you guys are getting this from, Obama has never supported g@y marriage. He supported civil unions which is not the same as marriage. Go to his webpage and read his views on the issues before you make a claim like this. It really isn't fair to him and not Christian like for you to bear false witness.

9. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

How about the subject being about LeBuick now wanting to discuss moral issues while, when his candidate was campaigning, he was constantly shooting down reports about Obama's support of g@y rights and abortion.

10. targus

targus New Member

Prior to this thread I have posted nothing concerning gay marriage. You seem to have a prejudice of your own concerning people who did not vote for Obama. :tear:

Also if you reread my post you will see that I said it had less to do with morals than with cultural prejudice.

So you are wrong on two counts... I am did not say that they are "morally prejudice".

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I said and still say Obama supports Civil Unions which is not the same as g@y marriages. I didn't change.

12. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I don't know, you're splitting a hair that I can't see...

13. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I really can't believe that you think there is MORAL biblical way that Gay Marriage or Civil Union are different in the EYES of GOD! Whether they are married not married they are LIVING a lifestyle that GOD has punished before. I don't care if there only "SHACKING UP" It's WRONG any way you put it. And Obams said he was going to sign a bill that would STOP the bans and even IF the marriage or Civil Unions or WHAT EVER YOU want to call it. Was done in a State that allows it it would have to be Honored in what ever state that they lived in.

14. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Could it be that in CA a great number of first-time voters were registered to vote by BHO supporters and organizations that support him and they went to the polls not being really well informed on all the liberal issues supported by the Dems, BHO, and his support organizations, and so when they came to this issue they simply voted their conscience? Thus, proving that the vast majority of Americans really are conservative in their thinking, in their hearts, and they have just been deceived into thinking the are liberals on certain issues (like taxes, welfare, and race).

15. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree, in God's site there is difference in g@y marriage and civil unions. Mostly because g@y marriage is not ordained by God and well, I'll leave that alone... except to say I don't support Obama in this position but was explaining his view which is different to the state.

Now there are many laws that are supported and legal per our government yet we Christians are still morally accountable to stand our ground.

Look at it this way, we have a democracy, we could vote to make robbery legal. This means if you robbed your neighbor the government laws would say you were right, however, you moral compass would still say it is wrong to rob your neighbor.

To support your government or elected official doesn't mean you support all it or they stand for.