1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured More Bullying

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Zaac, Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Because the Sean Hannity's and Rush Limbaughs and Matt Drudges as well as individuals on here seem to be of the notion that it's only black people committing crime.

My point in making such threads is EXACTLY what you said above:

THAT, what you stated, should be the way the church---and the people on this board who are part of the church--- should approach these stories instead of certain individuals allowing the media to rile them up over skin color.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'd say ask the folks who keep calling the President of the United States a racist.

Or the ones who complain about the black on white crime.

Or the ones who complain of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

Or the ones who complain that race baiters are crying race.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Of course not. :laugh:

4. Gib

Gib Active Member

So you start a thread that drums up some of the same drama you have a problem with when others that post about black on white violence?

When will the tit for tat come to an end?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Have you asked the folks on the other side when the tit will come to an end? I haven't heard you say anything about the propensity of threads complaining from that perspective.

So the answer to your question is that I'll stop doing tit for tat and highlighting that these particular types of sin aren't unique to a specific skin color as soon as people on this board stop posting so many threads trying to act as though they are.

It reflects poorly on the Body of Christ for folks to come to what is supposed to be a CHRISTIAN board and see the level of divisiveness that exists because angry folks have been made angrier about things that have no eternal impact.

6. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question was asked of all.

Which came first? The threads about black-on-white crime? Or the "a non-black killed a black, so it has to become a national issue" threads?

And who are the first people to shout as loudly as possible about racism? Why is it that when a person of color is killed, we've come to just naturally expect these two gentlemen to cry "race" and get as many people angry as they can?

So what do you call someone who opens a thread about race, if not a "race baiter"?

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Honestly? Why is that so much of an issue for God's people? Why are we getting riled up over that? Why are we using up so much energy over that as opposed to just loving everybody out of the overflow of God's love for us?

This is why we are known more for what we're against or angry about rather than our love for Christ and others.

Then I guess there are a lot of race baiters on here because there certainly are a lot of folks bringing up race in a lot of threads.

But apparently it's only viewed as race baiting when mention of what white people are doing is brought up. I have yet to hear anyone say anything about race baiting when folks on here call the President racist or when Al or Jesse are called racist. Or when black people are ostracized for black on white crime ,but mention white on black crime and its race baiting.

Pure silliness.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously? You're defending Sharpton and all the others with that logic? How about showing your alleged "fairness" and admitting that these men do just as much to stir the fire as anyone?

Zaac, you're trying so hard to be against the racists and haters, that you sound just like them.

Silliness? Silliness is giving any semblance of credence to the ignorant, narrow-minded viewpoints you described by continuing to "bait" them.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I'm not defending anyone but you apparently think that I am.

I'm asking why it's such a big issue with Christians on this board and elsewhere that dislike for them becomes the representation for how you feel about Blacks at large? If that's not the case, it surely is the perception.

And why? What does it serve the cause of Christ for the church( because our actions are indeed what folks associate with the church) to even be involved with making such comments? Preach the Gospel and spread the love of Jesus. Be known for THAT!!!

Gosh. I don't know where you've been. But I've never said anything to the contrary. I've just said it needs to be acknowledged by those who call them out for riling up Blacks that Hannity and Rush and Drudge do the same thing with the angry White crowd.

If you say so.

Silliness is your continued attempts to peg me as a race baiter while never saying anything about race baiting to those who call the President a racist or who speak negatively about Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson as race baiters.

Why do you think that is?

From my POV it's pretty consistent with what those in the majority opinion on this board do every day. If it confirms your POV, it gets a slide. If it's against your POV or points out the hypocrisy of your POV, it's called race baiting.

Silliness.

10. Gib

Gib Active Member

Nor have you seen any post from me condoning their their perspective. Like I said, the issue is sin, not race.

For the love of Peter, Paul and Mary, can we all please move past the race card, stop calling each other race baiters and referring to the POTUS as black. He's bi-racial.

So you're going to dumb yourself down to make your point?

Agreed.

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My dislike of Sharpton becomes a representation of how I feel about blacks at large?! That's the most racist thing I've ever heard. I guess since I've publicly stated on this board that I don't like Hannity or Limbaugh, that means I hate white people, too.

This I agree with 100%.

That' s just it: I don't recall seeing a post from you saying that Sharpton et al were in the wrong. Please feel free to prove differently.

Because idiotic racist statements are pretty damning all on their own?

If you're not race baiting, then why do you insist on starting racially-motivated threads?

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

More silliness to call that statement racist. Now who is crying race? And from my perspective and the perspective of a lot of black people with whom I speak, it does come across as angry white people expresing their anger and general dislike for any black person who doesn't adopt the same view of things as they do. And based upon what some of you say on this board, thay doesn't seem to be far from the truth.

I don't know. Do you?

I've said repeatedly that they are doing the same thing that Hannity and the others do as far as keeping one side riled up. And have asked why, if one side is wrong, is it right for the other to do the same thing?

Then why speak to ANY such statements of race?

And if the folks who call the President a racist and etc, etc aren't race baiting, why don't you say anything about them starting racially motivated threads or making racially motivated posts?

And this is what I keep saying. When it's shown that what is said about black people on this CHRISTIAN board can be said in tandem about white people or any other people, and yet the lot of you only express disdain about making such posts or threads when it pertains to the latter, it highlights the OBVIOUS.

Some of you got a problem with folks skin color and it speaks for itself. And it continues to be an ugly display from people who are supposed to be the face of the CHURCH!

That's what we're known for:
    Being anti-abortion.
    Being anti-gay.
    Being anti-liberal.
    Being anti-Democrat.
    Being anti anything that doesn't meet our POV.

And NONE of it should have a place amongst God's people especially when it comes to skin color. NONE OF IT!

It's utterly despicable and an embarassment to the cause of Christ that you and anybody else on this board would even pretend for an instance that your complaints about one but not the other doesn't speak volumes.

This board is supposed to be a representation of Christ. But it has become a constant display of a bunch of like-minded people to look down their noses and speak poorly of anyone who doesn't share the same POV that they do and to highlight that their issues again and again mean more to them than presenting a loving depiction of Christ.

13. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Now I get it- Zaac is the only person on this board who is able to speak righteously on these subjects. We should all just shut up and listen to him.

Sorry, but that's just plain wrong.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

So if the issue is sin, have you brought this to their attention as you insist on bringing it to mine? If you mean what you say, be CONSISTENT about it and mete out the information nondiscriminantly.:thumbsup:

I would like to think that we could. But if the Baptist church as a whole is like the many on this board, the perceived idea of moving past the race card will be we want Blacks to move past the race issue but we will still make race comments ourselves.

I don't see any dumbing down. I see a highlighting of obvious hypocrisy that the majority on this board keeps looking past on something as silly as skin color that should not be an issue amongst God's people. But the obvious anger keeps allowing it to be.

The evangelical church has practically become synonymous with the Republican Party and its anti-issue of the day.

Like the race pimps,Sharpton and Jackson, for Blacks, Hannity and Rush and Drudge are likewise pimping angry white people. I can go to any conservative board and point for point hear a repeat of what I've heard from those guys and the growing anger is palpable.

It is simply not an attitude that needs to be present on a board that is supposed to represent Christ.

When if ever will we be seen as synonymous with the love of Jesus? we won't as long as we keep putting on a face that says we care more about politics and social issues more than we do about Christ and people.

Let the world have their politic and social issues. PREACH the GOSPEL and a love for Jesus and others. Be known for THAT.

Not our disdain for folks crying race.

The only reason folks listen when Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson cry race is because there is a void. Perhaps if the Body of Christ was crying Jesus! to fill the void instead of race baiter about worldly issues, people would grab onto that.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Personally, I applaud this man as a hero. I hope these three punks are behind bars for a long, long time. There is no theology or debate here, just common sense.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If you say so.

17. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your perspective is that because I disagree with Sharpton, I must hate blacks. Your perspective is racist. I dislike Sharpton because instead of working to make the system and our country better, he encourages a "victim mentality." But since you can't get past the assumption that I must be white, and therefore my dislike of Sharpton must be racially motivated, what I actually think doesn't matter. It's just easier to use your "perspective" than it is to use your God-given intelligence.

According to the guidelines you identified in the previous paragraph--that is, if you truly mean them and aren't a hypocrite--then I guess I must.

Then by all means, show me a post where you've identified Sharpton or Jackson or another as being wrong for stirring up the masses.

I tend to speak out against hypocrisy.

18. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama is a racist. He hates white people. Shaprton is a racist he hates them as well. Do you know why they are racist? Because they have been brainwashed by extremists. And it gains them political power. The perspective from racists is irrelevant. What Hannity and Oreilly does is expose what the racists do. That in no way is the same thing.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now you're sounding like a liberal. Where have I said anything about you hating anyone? Is there some unresolved stuff you need to fess up to?

And there you go crying racist again when my perspective had nothing to do with racism

And I'm sure he would dislike people like you who feel that he encourages that when he feels like he's championing causes that no one else will.

There are folks who don't like Sean, Rush or Matt Drudge because they encourage a rich white , privileged male mentality that they see reflected in the Republican Party.

Feel however you wish. But how you feel about worldly stuff should not become the face of the church. And the lot of you join in and start high fiving and repeating the same disgusting stuff that Sean, Rush and Drudge do and don't realize that you're being just as divisive as you(collective) say the President is.

Laughable. I hadn't even thought about what color your skin was until YOU just brought it up cause I really don't care. There are indeed folks that I hae thought were white based upon their animosity towards the President and just about anything black. But you weren't one of them. But feel as you will.

Is that what you used to make your previous assumption?

What for? Is it not established that I know that Sharpton and Jackson rile up the masses when I say that Sean, Rush, and Drudge do the same thing and I speak against them doing it and no one lambhasting them for doing the same thing Al and Jesse do??

Lately you been tending to roll around in it too.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And you perhaps like no one else, with the exception of one or two, need to be ashamed that you even list REVEREND anything before your name.

You betray the calling God has placed upon you in order to make political fodder.

But thank you for making my point. Now lets see how many people berate you for calling the President and others racist or does it only matter when angry white people are being called racist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.