1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More on Patterson Critic Karen Swallow-Prior's Ordeal

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Jerome, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Run over by a Civil War tour bus in Nashville as she hurried to a meeting at Lifeway:

Amid Southern Baptist leader's downfall, one of his biggest critics was hit by a bus

"Karen Swallow Prior helped raise the voices of thousands of women who called out a revered Southern Baptist leader for his counsel on women, abuse and divorce. The same day a Texas seminary removed him as its president, Prior got hit by a bus. The timing of the freak accident in Nashville felt uncanny to her."

"Prior, who saw herself as a spokesperson for those women unable or uncomfortable to speak for themselves, waited up late in her Nashville hotel room for the board of trustees to make that decision. She wrapped up some morning interviews about Patterson before setting out for a book meeting at LifeWay Christian Resources....Just before 9 a.m. she stepped into a crosswalk. 'I do not remember seeing the bus until I saw it up close, very up close when it was hitting me,' Prior said. 'The next thing I remember is lying on the ground surrounded by people that I couldn't really see, but I could hear.' She remembers all the blood, the excruciating pain and the fear."
    [​IMG]
    "The crash caused serious injuries for Prior. It collapsed her lungs and fractured her pelvis, ribs and shoulder. She needed seven staples in her head and surgery....She spent a week at Vanderbilt University Medical Center....a constant stream of family and friends visited her, prayed with her, brought her junk food and sent her flowers."
    [​IMG]
    "in the hospital parking lot waiting to be medically transported back home to Virginia, she noted the uncanny timing once again. "I was hit by a bus the same morning Paige Patterson was elevated by the SWBTS board of trustees to president emeritus of SWBTS. A week later, at the very moment he was stripped of all titles and privileges, I was released from the hospital'...'This is serious spiritual warfare'."