1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

more taxes coming up ?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by pinoybaptist, Jan 3, 2013.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fiscal Cliff Deal Only Whetted Obama’s Appetite For More Taxes

http://www.westernjournalism.com/fiscal-cliff-deal-only-whetted-obamas-appetite-for-more-taxes/

2. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Nobody with any sense believed the tax issue was settled.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    yes. but sometimes, some wounds need salt rubbed on, just for reminders.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I say give him every tax hike he wants. Tanking now is less painful than tanking later.

5. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Both are going to happen.

Taxes are going to go up. Either directly by pulling more dollars out of pay checks or indirectly as the effects of tax hikes, "fees", fines and penalties take their toll at the cash register.

We are going to "tank". This nation is bankrupt. The most of this world is bankrupt. At some point, the paper shuffling electronic house of cards built on nothing but pipe dreams and speculation is going to fall. There's no valid indicator that I've seen which will change -- Give me 2 more dollars cause I'm gonna save 10 cents and spend 4 dollars more --

The only advantage that I see in tanking later is that perhaps a few more folks will focus on putting getting out of debt AHEAD of "shop till you drop".

Even after saying that, I doubt that focus change will happen, except in rare instances. Instead -- Let me get all I can, while I can and CHARGE it. They can't take back the fine meals and other pleasures of life that I've enjoyed before I file chapter xx to write off my personal obligations.

Sound like the government?

Oh well.................... :type: