1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

More Than 2/3 on Antidepressants Not Depressed

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Rolfe, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Saw this on Drudge:

STUDY: MORE THAN TWO-THIRDS OF PATIENTS ON ANTI-DEPRESSANTS NOT DEPRESSED

study shows that more than two-thirds — some 69 percent – of patients using anti-depressants do not actually meet the criteria for depressive disorder.
    The study, which appears in the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry, finds that many individuals who are prescribed and take antidepressant medications may not actually have a depressive disorder, and that such drugs are often used by patients who do not meet the diagnostic criteria of depression.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...irds-patients-anti-depressants-not-depressed/

This does not surprise me.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Not to mention that these drugs are known to cause violent and suicidal tendencies in "some" people. It's a big money making recipe for the next gun free zone massacre.

They wanted to put me on "anti depressants" after my heart attack. I said wait a minute I'm still alive what's to be depressed about? Evidently they didn't notice I never lost my keen sense of humor through out the whole ordeal.